PDA

View Full Version : I need advice/help please

HunniBee
21-07-13, 12:20
Hi all,

I haven't been on this forum for a while as I thought I was getting better & I'm not even sure I've posted in the right part but I am after some advice.

I'm a long time sufferer of aniexty & panic & I thought I was getting better & at the weekend I had a few drinks, well more than a few & ended up doing something "recreational" if you get me with friends. Ever since then I've had enormous feelings of guilt & I keep getting panic attacks. I don't know why this happens & it feels like if I tell someone then the feelings might go away. But I can't tell anyone because they would think so badly of me & this is what makes the feelings even worse.

I just don't know what to do to ease these feelings or to make them go away :( I'm on citalopram & Mirtazapine at present. I'm going on holiday in a week & I just don't want to feel like this whilst I'm on holiday as it would ruin it.

Depressed & anxious Hunnibee xx

Daisy Sue
21-07-13, 12:59
Let it go.... we all do things when we're young/drunk/whatever.. it's just not worth wrecking any more of your minutes let alone your days for!

Consider it a learning curve, and resolve to not get in that position again, and then you've turned it into something positive :)

HunniBee
21-07-13, 13:01
I know you're right, completely.

I resolve to do that today, it's not worth me making myself ill over at all.

Thank you :) xx

Daisy Sue
21-07-13, 13:18
You're welcome :) enjoy your holiday! :)

Sparkle1984
21-07-13, 14:06
This is why I became teetotal since starting citalopram (I was almost teetotal beforehand anyway). SSRIs can lower your inhibitions and you can end up doing things you wouldn't normally do. Adding alcohol into the mix can make that even more likely, not to mention that it can also cause panic attacks and worsen depression. There was a recent thread on here by someone saying he'd gambled away his life savings since starting cit! :scared15: So its important to be on the lookout for any potential signs of manic behaviour and tell your doctor if you're concerned as you may need a dosage adjustment.

Don't feel guilty about it, just treat it as a learning process and I'm sure you won't make the same mistake again. :)