PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of anything in life

Itsonlyme26
21-07-13, 12:31
Whats the point of anything in life when we do the same thing over and over again. Life is a lie and I feel it's not all its cracked up to be , depressing I know. I was drunk last night and once again I acted so stupidly which is normal for me but yet here I sit thinking about my next beer. I have had anxiety , depression and non stop worrying for god knows how many years and I'm bloody sick of it. Medication doesn't help not even 40mg citalopram and it does nothing for my anxiety which literally drives me crazy. Im lazy and I'm not motivated to do anything , why bother when I feel no joy in it ? My drunkenness and my laziness is causing friction in my relationship I'm verbally abusive when I'm drunk to my fiancé , which I bloody hate myself for. Can I take kalms with citalopram because I need my anxiety to go because I can't take much of this or life anymore. Not even therapy helped because I couldn't be honest with the therapist

jayjoe18
21-07-13, 13:47
Hi, so sorry to hear how difficult things are for you, have you tried other medications? I've read alot that medication is trial and error and you can try lots of different ones before finding the right one that works for you. Maybe you need a medication that's most helpful for the depression first and then as you get back on your feet maybe then you can tackle the anxiety? I don't know which one is worse for you? I think it would probably help if you could see a therapist again but really try to be as honest as you can with them, they are there to help and hear this sort of stuff all the time, nothing to be embarrassed about. Also, maybe you could discuss your alcohol intake with someone, maybe the doctor, maybe a therapist? As I know alcohol really doesn't help when you already have anxiety/depression and can make things much worse. The combination of meds and alcohol isn't good either, I think maybe you should address the drinking firstly and then maybe look into other med options. Good luck.

Stormsky
21-07-13, 14:15
I've always found kalms don't do much at all.. I took them while on amitriptyline .

Itsonlyme26
21-07-13, 14:56
Thanks for replying. I have tried so many times to cut out or cut down on my alcohol intake I don't drink everyday but when I do drink , I lose control. I've read so many books and listened to so many audio books for help with alcohol but obviously they haven't done much , as I'm still drinking. My biggest problem is I love to drink and I don't think that desire to drink will ever fade away. Alcohol has caused me to do so many stupid things which I end up regretting and I hate myself for it. I've even been arrested twice and almost gone to prison for it but I still drink because I have such a strong desire to drink , sad I know. I do feel alcohol is the only thing that cures my anxiety instantly but I feel lost and insecure. At times I do think 'why do I cause so many problems in my life' which leads to me think and believe I'd be better off dead

jayjoe18
21-07-13, 20:51
Hey, when you say alcohol cures the anxiety instantly but you feel lost and insecure, do mean you feel like this after drinking? If so it sounds like it's not curing the anxiety at all! Although it might feel like it. I'm not really the best person to give advice as I've never drank (only 20!) but it does sound like you need some help to tackle the drinking, I really don't know where you can go to get this help, maybe someone else here may know. If you enjoy alcohol I don't think you should never drink again, if it makes you happy then that's fine, you just maybe need to take control on the amount you drink each time and not get so drunk, I bet it's easier said than done though as with everything in life!