PDA

View Full Version : To those who started this as children

Spandox
21-07-13, 14:32
I was wondering if there were any here who started this as children/young teenagers, for fairly weak anxiety or depression? I did, and it typically screwed me up. What I'm specifically wondering is whether or not the increased anxiety/depression/suicidal ideation stayed with you for more than a year or two.

Magic
21-07-13, 15:00
Spandox,
I have had bad anxiety as a child, and still do-- such a big worrier.
I don't think I was depressed as a child. I have had depression as an adult but overcome it and do not take meds for depression now. Although the meds helped at the time. I would never think of suicide. Not ever. Nor should anyone. There is help available.
I would never do anything to hurt my family.:hugs:

Spandox
21-07-13, 15:07
So, you took Seroxat/Paroxetine as a child but suffered none of the really bad side-effects? I mean, the ones that happen because it's generally agreed that you shouldn't give this to children.

Magic
21-07-13, 15:18
No, Spandox.
I took no meds as a child. You just had to get on with it. I am an older member here.
I have taken various meds as an adult the last one was citroplam.
I have been on and off meds for depression for years . but I am happy to say
that I can do without them now. I take libriam now but not on a regular basis.

Spandox
21-07-13, 15:30
I merely had basic anxiety as a child, but was prescribed Seroxat for it, for no real reason I can fathom. I then got major depression/anxiety/suicidal ideation because of the Seroxat. However, I am wondering if others have had such an experience and whether or not these feelings went away after a year or two more or less on their own accord.

Magic
21-07-13, 15:46
Perhaps someone else may know Spandox.
hope you get more replys:hugs:

Speranza
21-07-13, 16:30
I was incredibly anxious and phobic, apparently from birth (a very traumatic birth). I've always had hyper-acute hearing, and according to a nurse, at 3 days old there was a thunderstorm and at one loud thunderclap, I literally jumped off the mattress from lying on my back. So I guess I've always been jumpy! No meds til my fifties though, so can't help with that.