PDA

View Full Version : Different sized pupils?

Cbuck99
21-07-13, 17:24
Have you guys ever had different sized pupils? Sometimes my left pupil is bigger then my right and sometimes my right is bigger than my left. This is only inside when i go outside and in the sunlight my pupils both become the same size. I have no noticed this only since my HA has come into affect looking at everything on my freaking body haha.

I did a bad thing and used Google said i had ether a brain tumor or aneurysm i was like god darn and the anxiety kicked in. i have no symptoms for tumor I'm not nauseous i don't feel numbness or weak and i don't get headaches much i do get unbalanced and dizzy sometimes from anxiety i believe but i cant stop thinking about my eyes now every time i pass by a mirror.

Anyone know whats going on?! i wear contacts too and often sleep in them wayyy to much idk if thatd have anything to do with it

joelhall
21-07-13, 19:17
Needless to say there are far more causes than brain tumours or aneurysms, and the only way to know is to have it investigated by your doctor. Most often however, the normal pupillary reaction is normal and there is no pathology, especially if the larger pupil size is alternating.

AlexandriaUK
21-07-13, 19:19
when did u last have eye test

Ruby red
21-07-13, 19:42
Hi, my right pupil is often bigger than my left, it has been this way for around 10 years (that's when I first noticed anyway) my optician said its nothing to worry about as they still dilate as normal.. Although sometimes if when you are looking in the mirror and have more light to one side of you it can cause this too

Cbuck99
21-07-13, 19:53
i had a eye exam probably like 2 years ago to order more contacts. i get floaters and such sometime my pupils are the same exact size like outside and sometimes inside but also they vary in sizes like i said sometimes my right one is bigger and sometimes my left one is slightly bigger

joelhall
21-07-13, 19:55
That really doesn't sound typical of any serious illness. If you had permamnent dilation on one side, and loss of reaction I would be worried.

Cbuck99
21-07-13, 19:57
thats what i thought as well. man, its truly amazing how when we have health anxiety every single symptom or pain is instant cancer or im gunna pass out and die feeling happens. i may have had this for awhile i have never really checked but that clears that up thank you guys