PDA

View Full Version : Waterworks problems with pregabalin

Coppernob
21-07-13, 19:44
I have just gone up from 50mg to 75mg of pregabalin. I have been very pleased with this drug, as soon as I went on it I started to feel more myself, all my enthusiasm for things came back and the anxiety was definitely reduced. The psychiatrist who prescribed it insisted I go up to 75mg, and I appreciate this is a very low dose compared to many people, but if it works I see no reason to go any higher.

One thing bothers me, I'm having urinary discomfort, not too major but unpleasant, and it doesn't really show up as an infection on the dipstick, although I have had two lots of antibiotics for it as I was going on holiday and they couldn't be sure it wasn't an infection. My waterworks are very sensitive to drugs, and one other drug I have been on for 19 years (asacol) has this effect if I take any more than the absolute minimum dose, even though it's not a listed side effect. I can date this present problem back to the start of the pregabalin, and it has got worse over the last few days as I have upped the dose. I'm also on mirtazapine, 15mg.

Just wondered if anyone else has had this kind of problem. I make a point of not reading lists of side effects, but I did have a quick look today and urinary difficulty and pain is listed as a 'less common' (more than 1 in 1000 people) side effect.

SarahH
22-07-13, 16:26
I most definitely had problems weeing in the first few weeks. I drank more and more water and it slowly eased. I also have alot of water retention particularly in this heat.

Sarah

Coppernob
22-07-13, 20:20
Strangely enough, I forgot to take my mirtazapine last night - didn't realise until about lunchtime today. And I've had no problems with my waterworks today. Perhaps that is the problem, though I've been on it since last October so I wouldn't have blamed it. Perhaps it's an inter-reaction with other drugs!

Mark13
23-07-13, 00:30
Could be some sort of iteraction. Sometimes you seem to get side-effets that aren't listed on either drug sheet.

I get urinary problems with duloxetine (I'm also on mirtazapine, but no problems with that) but it is a listed SE.