PDA

View Full Version : neck and shoulder pain is it stress related

pmcb12
21-07-13, 21:50
Have been suffering with excruciating pain at the top of the spine and neck for over a week. Been docs and told to take ibuprofen.Starting to panic having googled neck pain. Wondering if anyone else can help and if this could be stress related.Recently finished a cream called imiquimod for a basal cell carcinoma on my back.Had a severe reaction to the cream, thinking this could be related to neck pain.Also suffer from panic attacks.Please help!'

mummyanxious
21-07-13, 21:56
I get neck pain after stressing as it causes you to tense your muscles. Plus also if you've had then in one place for a while like at the computer or reading a book

Speranza
21-07-13, 22:03
The pain is a result of the anxiety about the carcinoma making you physically tense, I would imagine. I get it a lot, I have to consciously relax my shoulders many times a day - the computer doesn't help!!

mummyanxious
21-07-13, 22:09
Me too! If I think about it my shoulders are around my ears! No wonder I've got problems with my back!

pmcb12
21-07-13, 22:18
Thanks guys just been reading effects of aldara cream .Frightening!

mummyanxious
21-07-13, 22:22
STOP READING!

I am so guilty of reading stuff in the past and don't now as I've had so many full blown panic attacks after. However even now I read the side effects leaflets of any medication and refuse to take it....