PDA

View Full Version : Beginnings

Kindlytom
22-07-13, 00:28
Dear forum,

I am a newbie to this website but I wish to explain my story. Ever since I was thirteen I have been managing ocd. Now about a year ago I had a few panic attacks and found it difficult to cope. I became very withdrawn for weeks and found breathing difficult. Now when I was in Uni I felt okay, but ever since I have came back I have broken into this feeling again of hopelessness.

What bothers me most are not the physical symptoms but the fact that I feel so unstable. I am questioning reality too frequently and recognizing peoples faces can be difficult. I find myself disconnected. I just wish someone could clear this up for me.

Pipkin
22-07-13, 01:57
Hi Tom and :welcome:

You've come to the right place - most of us have been exactly where you are now and understand what you're going through. Browse the forums, tell us a bit more about yourself and you'll make some great friends here, I know I have.

Take care

Pip

Stormsky
22-07-13, 02:11
Hi
Your suffering depersonalisation by sounds of it

Pipkin
22-07-13, 08:33
Hi
Your suffering depersonalisation by sounds of it

You may be right. Any suggestions as to what Tom could do?

Pip

Speranza
22-07-13, 09:02
:welcome:

Kindlytom
24-07-13, 02:02
Thank you for your kind words.
I have read about depersonalisation and have pondered it.
I have a meeting with my cbt therapist tomorrow so hopefully I can inform you of the progress.

Timo
24-07-13, 21:02
I can relate to your narative of getting very ocd when I turned 13.

Kindlytom
25-07-13, 22:01
I had some cognitive behaviour therapy just yesterday and I can report good news.
According to the GAD test I am 47% less anxious than I have previously been, since starting sertraline alongside cbt. The feelings of depersonalisation as was put my stormsky have ceased..but I can't help but feel it was not just the two that cured me.

My partner is a patient woman and I will appreciate her more than she will ever know. Her support alongside my families is key to my progress.. and it is on this note that I want to support others dealing with anxiety. Please put me through to anything I can do for others.

Stormsky
25-07-13, 22:06
As anxiety lessons, depersonalisation disappears..as its only a symptom of Anx.

Sparkle1984
25-07-13, 22:15
I had some cognitive behaviour therapy just yesterday and I can report good news.
According to the GAD test I am 47% less anxious than I have previously been, since starting sertraline alongside cbt. The feelings of depersonalisation as was put my stormsky have ceased..but I can't help but feel it was not just the two that cured me.

My partner is a patient woman and I will appreciate her more than she will ever know. Her support alongside my families is key to my progress.. and it is on this note that I want to support others dealing with anxiety. Please put me through to anything I can do for others.

Welcome to the forums, it sounds like you are doing very well so far. In a few weeks time you will probably improve even more, once you've had more therapy and the meds get into your system more. :) It's also good news that your partner and family are very supportive - that makes a lot of difference. :)

Gingernut
25-07-13, 23:44
:welcome: