PDA

View Full Version : Sleep issues and anxiety.

ecila92
22-07-13, 01:09
I've always had sleep problems as a child but the last few years have been bad. Basically I fear going to sleep, I don't like the fact I'm not in control of myself/surroundings, I worry about dying in my sleep. Its gotten so bad that I wake up screaming in the night (half asleep). I wake up disoriented and check my face/head as to whether I'm not bleeding to death or having a stroke. This sounds insane reading it back but does anyone else suffer from this or similar? I haven't really told anyone or my therapist, it just seems too strange. It would be nice to hear im not the only one who has this problem.

nomorepanic
22-07-13, 01:44
I really think you need to tell your therapist - that is what they need to know so they can help address it.

Speranza
22-07-13, 09:46
Yes, we can be sympathetic but you actually have someone out there who is paid to help you! Then you can come back and help us... ;)

btw I never considered anything I felt as 'too weird for a therapist'. That is why they are there.

ecila92
22-07-13, 15:28
Well I don't see a therapist anymore, just wanted to know if anyone had similar..