PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I have cancer all the time. Constant worrying.

Chelseasmile
22-07-13, 10:38
I'm fairly new to this forum, and reading others post have made me feel some what better. However I always come back to the same thought.

This year my health anxiety really started worrying me. I can back from my summer vacation with a strange feeling in my collar bone and left breast which then became a pain in my jaw on the left side. I immediately thought lymphoma or breast cancer. My doctor assured me it was nothing . I have had no scans becuase I'm terrified of knowing the truth but I'm also terrified of not knowing.

The jaw feeling I have been told could be tmj which seems fairly on par. The collar bone and breast is just purely anxiety so I have read and been told.

I want to believe this is true and a part of me knows it's nothing. I had blood tests done a few months ago which was extensive due to being diagnosed with non alcoholic fatty liver disease. Which I have coped with well and managing well. My doctor assured me if there was anything sinister the bloods would show it and I seem healthy apart from the liver and deficient in vitamin d.

Sorry for the long ramble . I joined this forum in the hope that this would be a good way of dealing with my issues as being apart of a community and talking with others going through the same thing will help me overcome my fears.

I want to kick health anxiety to the curb so I can stop worrying and start living.

Speranza
22-07-13, 10:44
Were you driving, or on a plane for a long time? Sounds muscular. You can do it! :) We're all here for you. And now you're here for us! Yey! :welcome:

Chelseasmile
22-07-13, 10:46
Yes I was driving for 6 hours and that was 6 months ago :( and I still have the pain. I guess I just think if it wasn't serious the pain would have gone by now. And now I think it's life threatening so good on health anxiety lol