PDA

View Full Version : So stressed anxiety high

Torri
22-07-13, 16:19
Cut a long story short...my eldest starts secondary in sept and he goes to a little village school, for some unknown reason all the boys from his school are in one tutor and he is the only one thats in a different one, th
He was with another boy from his school but their parents made a complaint and got their son removed so he could join the rest.
He is average for his age and never had a problem with behaviour, in fact he is abit soft..my anxiety is high as I can't help him as what's done is done and they will not change anything....I'm worried that he might struggle as he will not know anyone and that he will struggle to make friends...I have chatted with him but he don't seem bothered
Am I stressing over nothing any parents been thru this or going thru this

Speranza
22-07-13, 16:50
Did you ask for your son to be moved too?

You say he isn't bothered. So is it possible that you are thinking how that situation would be if it were you?

Children take their cue from their parents. As a teacher, I never saw any child have a problem if their parents were confident they would cope. Personally, whatever your own thoughts, I would accept his willingness to cope and let him get on with it. (I know that's hard).