PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety away from home?

samtheman
22-07-13, 16:35
Does anyone else suffer from this, I am fine at home, I go to work every day and am fine, I go to my parents I am fine, I am off from work now on holidays and decided to take the kids way for the day, I was dreading it from yesterday and sure as hell I felt anxious the entire time and could not wait to get home. It seems I have a couple of safe places which I generally stick to going IE work and home, but if I have to go or do something else I get anxious.

kittikat
22-07-13, 23:00
Yes...I can totally relate to this, exactly the same for me.

Anywhere outside my small safe zone promotes the anxiety and fear in me too. Do you suffer agoraphobia? This would seem to be connected...the mind knows it is not in your 'comfort zone' and for me the further away from home I am, the worse I am...that is because I know I can't escape...ie. I can't get back to a safe and familiar place easily or quickly. Oh the joys!!

Kitti :)

samtheman
23-07-13, 07:17
Yes...I can totally relate to this, exactly the same for me.

Anywhere outside my small safe zone promotes the anxiety and fear in me too. Do you suffer agoraphobia? This would seem to be connected...the mind knows it is not in your 'comfort zone' and for me the further away from home I am, the worse I am...that is because I know I can't escape...ie. I can't get back to a safe and familiar place easily or quickly. Oh the joys!!

Kitti :)

Yes that is exactly like me. Its for that reason I never head away on holidays/vacations.

Kim51
23-07-13, 08:26
Hi I am the same although I do have anxiety/panic in the home as well which I find upsetting, I only used to have it out of the home/comfort zone. I am very limited to where I go at the moment and if I go out it is preferably with my daughter. I become more anxious and panic if I know I have got to go out.