PDA

View Full Version : High pulse or hyper aware?

ady1779
23-07-13, 00:42
Does anyone else ever feel their heart beating in their chest, but their actual pulse is not that high? I feel like my heart is pounding in my chest but my pulse, while elevated, probably due to anxiety, seems only mildly fast.

Am I noticing this because I'm hyper aware of all my sensations and body? Really freaking me out right now!:ohmy:

joelhall
23-07-13, 10:56
Yep, when I'm trying to sleep or after I've eaten it's worse.

Speranza
23-07-13, 10:58
Yeah, I had that this morning! It is so hard to stop listening, isn't it!

ady1779
24-07-13, 01:01
Ugh!! It's the worst! During the day I don't really notice or think about it, but right when I settle to relax its all I feel. I panic then of course it gets worse. This stuff sucks!

KeeKee
24-07-13, 10:34
Me too. Occasionally I feel as though it's pounding through my back. That freaks me out. I have heart related health anxiety but I am very slowly starting to accept I have nothing wrong with my heart.

almamatters
24-07-13, 16:42
I get this regularly but especially after I eat, because I am hyper aware I can feel my pulse all over my body and the more I concentrate on it the faster it seems to get.

CharlieM
24-07-13, 17:08
Absolutely. I regularly see my pulse in my tummy area just below sternum. As others have said, when I am busy and moving about, I don't notice it. I was an obsessive pulse checker but am slowly getting better. There is no doubt that when you concentrate on an area of your body, you can make weird things happen!!!