PDA

View Full Version : what about a rash?

anxityman
23-07-13, 06:35
anyone here get a rash with there health anxiety?:weep:

Marni
23-07-13, 10:59
I do! I think it's called hives??
I always get stressed about the rashes I get but I find I get than after I'm stressed. I get so itching.
It mostly affects my neck, upper arms and above the knees on my thighs. Also along my forearms.
Looks like mosquito bites and somewhat like chicken skin lol!
Sometimes I scratch so bad that I break the skin and bruise which caused a whole new anxiety but my blood tests were fine.
If I take Zyrtec the itching does stop.

joelhall
23-07-13, 11:15
What sort of rash? Hives are mediated by hypersensitivity reactions, and look like you've been stung by nettles (hence the other name 'nattle rash'). Could be a multitude of causes, which your doctor can look at.

KeeKee
23-07-13, 12:45
I have a heat rash at the moment, maybe that's what you have? I had hives before from penicillin and it was atrocious. If you have hives you should go to the doctors for anti-histamines and steroid cream as mine was terrible for over a month. My fingers all peeled too.

anxityman
23-07-13, 15:33
it's like a patch of skin that has rash all over my legs it might be stress related but i don't know

Speranza
23-07-13, 15:37
Rashes are pretty hard to diagnose even if you can see them. I guess you need to check yourself out for other symptoms. It could be the heat, an allergy, a virus... anything!