PDA

View Full Version : Frightened by shakiness in night

Ccat
23-07-13, 11:36
Hi everyone,

Brief backgound-You might know that i have been troubled by a strange heaviness/achiness/tingly and occassional shakiness in my left arm. Dr has attributed this to anxiety but i have recently had a nerve test- to see if it could be a trapped nerve. I am due to get results later this week.

I have been on sertraline for a couple of months- and almost 2 weeks ago went up to 100mg (from 50mg) This can have side-effects.

My friend who does massage commented that my shoulders/neck are very tensed up -my shoulders click a lot .

But last night i woke and my shoulders and across the top of my back seemed to be shaking- it was horrible- it didn't last long- PLEASE can anyone relate to this? I am so very scared about neurological things - when i wasa waiting for my nerve test there were leaflets about MS everywhere. I did have a noraml MRI scan 6 months ago (of head- that was cos of one-sided headaches-)

any help greatly appreciated- i feelterrified at the moment :ohmy:

CharlieM
23-07-13, 13:44
Hi,

Can you describe the shakiness in more detail hun?

I get a kind of vibration sensation in my left armpit and shoulder. I can't see it though. Is yours visible, like a twitch, or more of an internal sensation.

Hope your results are ok. I am still waiting for my neuro appt.

Hope u feel better now. Xx

Ccat
23-07-13, 14:19
Hi Charlie

I do know what you mean about internal vibration- i feel that in my arm quite often- but sometimes it does shake visibly

It did feel physical - i think i remember putting my arm up to my shoulder and i could feel it - i guess i was half asleep- blinking terrifying:scared15:

I am hoping it could be increase in tablets- when i first went on them i got "shivery" but this was a bit different.

trouble is dr thinks its all anxiety but i feel as if physical symptoms are making me anxious!

hope your appointment comes through soon

best wishes ccat xxx

Ccat
23-07-13, 23:24
Let me know how you get on at neuro Charlie xxx

curly63uk
24-07-13, 00:23
Yes i get those inside shaking feelings alot . They wake me at night. But when you look you cant see it as its inside your body. I have now learnt to ignore these as i know its all to do with my anxiety.

StarryBlueGal
24-07-13, 01:51
I have internal vibrations too. Lots of people have these - look up on the internet. I don't think it is anxiety as I don't feel anxious at all. It is a very odd symptom. I am taking vitamins and it is helping me a lot and vibrations has gone less now, but I am hoping it will go away soon.

Ccat
26-07-13, 13:00
thank you for your replies. xxx
although sometimes it is "internal" shakines- sometimes i do actually get shaky :ohmy:

i have been be back to dr- she seemed a bit vague as to whether it could be side-effects from sertraline increase but is doing me a thyroid test to check that
:hugs:to everyone

ankietyjoe
26-07-13, 16:16
I've had that too, and in fact for me it was worst if I woke up after an hour or two's sleep.

I also suffer from tension across the shoulders which causes dizziness, stabbing pains and pressure in my head and numbness in my left arm. So it's more than possible that tension can cause muscular related problems.

Ccat
26-07-13, 21:44
Thank you Joe x
sorry you are suffering from these things too

its strange that left-sided thing isn't it?! :hugs:

jill
26-07-13, 22:13
Hi hun :D

I have had the shakiness.

I read somewhere its due to release of adrenalin, its the body natural response to burning the adrenaline off.

some meds have shakes as side effect.

I have read over time that many things I can't remember where I read
this LOL
I know my shakiness was due to anxiety and adrenalin
Hope this helps

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

mummyanxious
26-07-13, 22:15
All my problems are always in my left side....wonder if most of us are the same

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

I had shaking as one of my main symptoms of anxiety when it returned and it feels horrible.

Ccat
26-07-13, 22:37
Thank you Jill and Mummyanxious x:hugs:

it is a frightening symptom isn't it? I seem to get it most days in my left arm
t:wacko:

ankietyjoe
26-07-13, 23:37
I strongly suspect the side you experience problems with is connected to the side you sleep on.

I generally sleep on my left, and it's my left arm that trembles and feels numb.

xvolatileheart
27-07-13, 04:53
My left arm always seems to be shaky like a tremor. Weird that we all experience it on the left side! The only thing I can think is that I lean on my left side more. I'm not on any medications, but I just assume it's from leaning on it a lot.

Ccat
27-07-13, 21:32
Thank you Joe and Volatile heart.x

Joe- I have been trying to sleep on my back but i prefer to sleep on my side - last night was a bad night - awoke on my left side with arm squashed and trembly, then switched to right side woke up with that arm and shoulders trembly:scared15: x

It does seem worse sinbce i upped my sertraline dose- though at first it was more pins and needles -One thing is i take my tablets in the morning so i was wondering if they kinda start wearing off during the night- and i get a kinda shaky withdrawl"" feeling?! I also feel my pulse around parts of my body

Volatile heart- i used to lie watchin telly on my left sidie with my arm squashed most nights :shrug:- i don't know but maybe it squished some nerve ? x