PDA

View Full Version : Can i just stop taking propranolol?

McCann
23-07-13, 14:24
I was given a prescription for this about two weeks ago - I was having 2 a day at first which i have dropped down to 1 - i haven't had any for the last 48 hours and am feeling fine - Is it ok to discontinue use?

nomorepanic
23-07-13, 14:28
Any medication changes need to be advised by your doctor as we do not know your medical history.

jill
23-07-13, 20:50
Hi hun :D

When coming off any meds you should always get professional advice.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

b1001
02-08-13, 14:49
2 weeks doesn't seem like a long time, I have just started on Propranolol - why are you coming off it?

Consult your doctor but I'd just take smaller amounts, like 10mg then 5mg over a week and then you should be ok.

Lilharry
03-08-13, 03:14
Propranolol is one of those ones that you're not supposed to stop taking if you are taking it regularly. I would discuss with your doctor or ring the pharmacy and see if they can advise.

ricardo
03-08-13, 07:33
Don't agree. I stopped taking it with no side effects after consultation with my doctor. I was taking it for BP in Spain but now take amlodopine 5mg which reduced my BP dramatically.

Lilharry
03-08-13, 10:12
Ricardo - it depends on how much you're taking. It affects your blood pressure so it's not a good idea to stop suddenly, especially if you're on higher doses. Mine came with a big warning to not stop taking it.

ricardo
03-08-13, 11:02
Lilharry
it wasn't defined if the medication was for BP or anxiety.Anyway as we all know no one drug suits all.