PDA

View Full Version : Feeling panic coming on

TheScript
23-07-13, 21:12
I'm feeling panicky.. i'm feeling like my brain is giving up or like i'm losing my mind.. i feel nervous stomach, sweaty, fast heartbeat, dizziness, nausea, thoughts keep popping in my head, yawning, hot flash, feel so on edge.. i feel like im losing it or that something bad is going to happen. I feel like my brain is not working correct.. Im trying to calm myself by distraction...what should i do? this is so frustrating

Stormsky
23-07-13, 21:23
Ive been there.. I remember exactly those feelings your having, and saying to my hubby 'I don't think my mind works anymore, there's something wrong with it'.. I've never been so scared.
But hey, look I'm here! Recovered!
Don't buy in to these feelings ..you won't lose it, or go mad..and panicking will make it worse as you know..
Watch tv..call someone...tell yourself you are fine, it's just false thoughts and extreme Anx..
Get a glass of water.. Slow deep breathes.

TheScript
23-07-13, 21:28
Stormsky thanks. glass of water helps. im already feeling better. Yes its very scary :( i hate it. can i ask you, how did you recover?
I've been exactly here before.. i had this same panic and symptoms last year.. for months. then i was fine ('recovered') for like 6 months and now i'm back again..how do i stop anxiety again

Speranza
23-07-13, 21:33
For me it is ongoing and very much 'Mind over Matter'. I felt really weird when I was out for lunch today, but I just told myself there was no way I was having a panic attack.

Easy to say, I know... :shrug:

Stormsky
23-07-13, 21:39
It's not panic you need to stop, it's buying into the thoughts that make you panic.
Panic is the end result of all the fears and scary things going through your mind.
Recovery is letting go of fears, not listening to false thoughts, changing mindset, constant positive thinking..
..knowing when your feeling anxiety coming on, and stopping it in its tracks..
Once you retrain the mind, positive thinking comes naturally.
Also like Speranza says, I used to say there's no way I'm going o panic...what's the point, only makes me feel rubbish, doesn't help me...and I soon stopped panicking by saying that...

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

Or by saying to yourself, ok do what you want, I don't care, panic if you want, just get it over with...
You see once you don't fear panic, there's no adrenaline (fuel) and it dies off..you can't panic if there's no adrenaline

TheScript
23-07-13, 21:56
That makes alot of sense, thanks for typing all that, i'll remember it for next time panic comes on, the hardest part i feel is not freaking out from the adrenaline rush or negative thoughts