PDA

View Full Version : palpitations really scaring me

chl_hobbs
23-07-13, 22:42
please help.

Ive had palpitations since i was a teen but didnt really care about them until they got worse after i had an op which went wrong and was in itu (my tummy not heart). In january ihad a holter monitor for 24hrs,which showed a huge 5000 pvcs and a lot of trigeminy (every 3rd beat). the cardiologist asked for an echo of my heart. i had one and itwas normal. the left ventricle was on the upper limit of normal but the dr didnt worry about that and said its still normal....

4 weeks ago i had another monitor but 3 days this time. it showed rare pvcs and ihad a fast heart rate a lot.

the docs arent worried,but i am. i get very lightheaded attimes (daily) and get waves of tightness. the doctors say i have anxiety and its causing this,but im worried. recenty,on an ecg it showed a new t wave inversion on lead III. the gp wrote to a cardioogist who said it was probably a variant of normal. Probably?! all thedrs ive seen since then also say its a variant of normal.

yesterday my period came after 3 months of no bleeding due to mini pill. as soon it started so did long runs of palps,especially when in bed tryin toseep. ive had the on and off al day. i get tightness and feel lightheaded with a bit of a headache. im so scared of this. i mustve had a million ecgs over the past 6months,seen so many drs... theyall say its my anxiety...but its THIS thats making me bad. i feel like im about to die. im only 30 :(.

please help me. has anyone else had this? is it significant tht i have come on my period?
please,
charlotte

Stormsky
23-07-13, 23:25
Hormonal changes before and during period cause more Anx for me.