PDA

View Full Version : HAS ANYONE TRIED FISH OIL - PLS READ

jojo2675
13-10-06, 23:04
Hi there to everyone, I have read, re-read and read again all of your posts and I too use to suffer from depression, panic attacks and the likes but touch wood with self confidence, reading lots of books, training my mind with positive thinking these panic attacks went on their own accord but it took a while and sometimes they want to come back but I wont let them......

I do still get depression now and again, especially if there is a set back, ie just recently split from a rather emotionally abusive ex partner...not nice!

Anyway, I read somewhere that someone use to suffer from depression, bipolar depression, panic attacks etc they were severe and they had run out of ideas for help etc

So they came across puraepa fish oil apparently it works wonders to your brain cells in a healthier way. These so called fish oils are stronger than any other fish oil, they seem to be able to balance the brains negative brainwaves into a more balanced frame of mind. Its not unhealthy and it sounds truly wonderful. There has been lots of right ups about it, so I was wondering if someone (I know I will purchase it soon) would try it, you can email them on website@mind1st.co.uk

Let me know what you think? I am assuming their website is www.mind1st.co.uk

take care of yourselves, you are v special just remember that xx

hopeful
14-10-06, 10:43
Hi
Im taking omega 3 fish oils,2 1000mg 3 times a day.They seem to be helping.I also take evening primrose oil, st johns wort and vitamin b complex. Cost me a fortune but as they make me feel better I dont mind too much.
julie x

existential crisis
15-10-06, 19:33
Hey,

I have been using pure EPA fish oils for a week now and have not noticed any significant changes, although the book which I purchased which recommended their use said that there would be a noticeable difference within 3 weeks and within 3 months the depression should be totally gone. The book was called 'The Natural Way To Beat Depression' by Prof. Basant K. Puri & Hilary Boyd. I purchased the ones recommended in the book which were from a company called igennus. The link to the site is www.vegepa.com. Like Julie says, they cost a small fortune as you have to take 8 capsules a day and there are only 60 in a bottle which costs 11.95 - so the full 3 months course has cost me nearly 150 quid! They also recommend a maintainance dose of 4 capsules a day for the rest of your life.

Clare. xxx

*I think, therefore I am.*

Louise
24-10-06, 17:33
I keep hearing about how good fish oils are for the brain too. There was a doctor on the Stephen Fry programme (who was also a bi polar sufferer), who highly recommends fish oil. I'm not on them myself(yet) but am taking Valerian (a natural Valium) and homeopathic stuff which has definitly given me a real lift. I didn't realise that depression was such a problem but now I feel more normal again I can see that depression clouds my mind and makes me unable to deal with the panics sucessfully. I would recommend homeopathyfor anyone who can afford it.

GAD
08-11-06, 20:08
Thanks for that jojo

Im a veggie and dont eat any meat or fish so i will definelty try this!

Michelle.

eeyorelover
08-11-06, 22:51
I just wanted to let everyone know that if you have an allergy to shellfish that you can't take fish oil :(
My doc told me this a few days ago.
xxx
Sandy

jos
11-11-06, 00:33
I saw a clinical nutritionist to help with my anxiety and depression - her general recommendations were

EPA fish oils , vit Bs, magnesium (we use this in hospital to calm high heart rates), taurine(a precursor to GABA the anti anxiety neurotransmitter) vit C, and now off SSRIs i use 5htp (seratonin precursor) - i probably spent £50 a month at the most - now maybe £20 as a maintenance dose - not cheap but at the worst times i would have given everything i had for reliable help

I feel they helped more than the SSRIs did - but there was no sudden change

read up on the patrick holford book - optimum nutrition for mental health - very interesting

good luck jos

mooks
15-11-06, 13:59
are these safe to take while on Meds....my GP poo Hoos all natural remedies so wondering if anyone new on here

CleoD
26-07-15, 22:00
hi there
I went on pure EPA by mind1st and have to say they are great.. I was on them with fluoxetine and now have come off fluoxetine slowly since May of this year.. has been rough so I went back on the fish oils and have to say the days are so much easier.. also great impact on skin/ hair and overall concentration would recommend! initially I would take the full 1000mg per day but once you do 3 to 6 months then I think you can take less.

also special offer on website
best of luck Cleo

mezzaninedoor
27-07-15, 13:56
I've never taken these supplements.

Will look into them. thx

MyNameIsTerry
28-07-15, 04:41
Useful thread about them here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=155025