PDA

View Full Version : How do I know whether I should go up from 40mg to 60mg?

BellaBella88
24-07-13, 05:01
Hello,

I have been on fluoxetine for about four months now. Before I started them, I was crying for hours every day and couldn't focus.

I have been on 40mg for seven weeks now and I recently had two weeks of feeling consistently fine/happy. I thought I was completely better until anxiety five days ago has triggered me to feel sad again.

I'm not as bad as before. It's a sad feeling that might go for a few minutes and then return. I'm able to work, but have had a couple of crying and feeling crazy breaks.

Should I be better than this if I'm on 40mg? I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence, or whether I should ask the Doctor tomorrow about going up to 60mg.

I have made such huge progress. I want those happy two weeks again. One time I said something to my manager and he said, "What?" I repeated it. Then he told me that I'm like a completely different person, in a good way. I want those good two weeks again.

BessieMae*candothis!
24-07-13, 05:08
Just curious are you in therapy? That really helps me, especially when I get the random anxiety attacks for no reason. I just saw my therapist yesterday for the first time in two years because my anxiety is sky high lately.....

BellaBella88
24-07-13, 05:13
Just curious are you in therapy? That really helps me, especially when I get the random anxiety attacks for no reason. I just saw my therapist yesterday for the first time in two years because my anxiety is sky high lately.....

I was having counselling, but stopped for a few weeks to try CBT. I am now switching back to counselling, but have the 'CBT for dummies' book which seems quite good.

I use the NHS and apparently you only get 6 weeks with a therapist :(.