PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else get this?

Female healthanxiety
24-07-13, 11:15
Like a tight feeling in the left arm?
feel like you have a blood pressure monitor on
feel stiff
your left arm feels so different to your right
Feeling like your left arm is going to go numb
Feel like you need to stretch your left arm to get rid of the pain
stiff/numbness in left hand

DRIVING ME MADDDDDDDDDDD!

aggiecuttler
24-07-13, 18:30
have you been using one arm more than the other as this can make your arm feel heavy or if you are using a laptop or phone then the using of one arm can be painful blessings hope it gets better soon

Gee
24-07-13, 18:33
YES!!! I have this now - it's coming and going and switching arms - it's driving me crazy worrying about MS :(

CharlieM
24-07-13, 18:43
All day every day.

If it wasn't for the meds that I am having to treat the pain, I really don't think I would manage.

Female healthanxiety
24-07-13, 19:28
Hello CharlieM, Gee, Aggiecutler.

It's so bad today. I'm even scared to get in the bath or even be alone! Feel like it will be worse and can't relax! I always compare it to a stroke like feeling grrrrrr xx

How do you all cope with it?

CharlieM
25-07-13, 09:39
Coping with symptoms is tough, and it can take a long time to accept what health professionals tell us. I initially thought my symptoms were all heart related and spent over 6 months thinking I was going to drop dead from a heart attack.

But, thanks partly to this forum and the great support I got on here, and partly due to my GP, I managed to believe that the symptoms are in fact anxiety related. I know that what I feel is real, and is almost certainly muscular/nerve related.

I am waiting on a neurologist referral to check if I have an issue with my neck and nerve compression. In the meantime, I have been prescribed Amitriptyline for neuropathic pain relief. The fact that the meds are working further reassures me that it isn't heart related.

It is a bit of trial and error, but eventually I will get a diagnosis and then treatment.

Just try and be rational, speak to people and get your GP to take your symptoms seriously.

Good luck.