PDA

View Full Version : NHS Health check

Purple Fish
24-07-13, 11:48
Hi all,

Not sure if I've done the right thing but I have made an appointment to have the free NHS health check for 40-75 year olds (I'm 40) so only just in the bracket! :unsure:

For someone with health anxiety I'm not too sure if this is a good idea! I've got a month to eat really healthy now and lose a bit of weight!

Anyone had this done? I think I'm either daring or stupid!!
:doh:
Tanya

nomorepanic
24-07-13, 11:51
I haven't heard of it to be honest.

I am guessing they do the basics like blood pressure, weight, bmi, maybe blood tests?

mummyanxious
24-07-13, 12:01
I take any tests going tbh. We don't get much for free!

Purple Fish
24-07-13, 12:01
Yeah, I only knew because our local supermarket is advertising it to be done in their pharmacy. When I enquired they said it can be done by a nurse at your GPs. They do a blood test because I have to have it done two weeks before my appointment. I'm assuming for cholesterol.

Tanya

joelhall
24-07-13, 12:40
Basically like the wellman and wellwoman check ups. Always a good idea for everyone to have in all honesty.

Purple Fish
24-07-13, 16:35
Yeah, I'm thinking I'll be ok, but it's that doubt I always have. :shrug:

Speranza
24-07-13, 16:40
I hadn't heard of it either, but I went and asked for routine diabetes and cholesterol checks a few months ago, hadn't had them done for a few years.

Purple Fish
25-07-13, 19:30
I am quite up for it now, will let you know how I get on :D

Purple Fish
30-08-13, 11:06
Well health check all done, but what a trauma (read my low white blood cell count thread).
Really put myself through unnecessary worry due to my health anxiety but have been given a clean bill of health!! Can have another one in 5 years time which they recommend just to have the blood pressure, etc checked again, but we'll see. :shrug:

Happy days back again yippee!!!! :roflmao: