PDA

View Full Version : new research

cheshirecatqee
24-07-13, 13:36
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but thought it important to share this as finally they have found the molecule that causes depression/anxiety.

Just hope they get a medication soon.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/scientists-discover-the-molecule-responsible-for-causing-feelings-of-depression-8724471.html

Speranza
24-07-13, 13:44
Yes I read this and something about the way it was written really jarred with me, perhaps it seems a bit simplistic. But I'd say it's definitely a step in the right direction, thanks for sharing here! :)

cheshirecatqee
24-07-13, 14:20
I just hope they have got this right as there is some debate over whether seratonin has any effect.

joelhall
26-07-13, 12:01
Yes I read this and something about the way it was written really jarred with me, perhaps it seems a bit simplistic. But I'd say it's definitely a step in the right direction, thanks for sharing here! :)
I agree, it's not particularly well written, it seems to give this impression that it is a mystical protein which has miraculously been discovered, when in fact it's a cellular receptor we all suspected had to be there anyway. Perhaps though some receptor antagonist might come out of this, but we'll have to see.

uklad
13-09-13, 14:52
interesting, think it will be way off thou getting a medication from the research to market and testing stages.