PDA

View Full Version : Acid reflux

Barrie
24-07-13, 18:40
Can you get symptoms of acid reflux when not eating cos I have pains in chest back all both sides if my chest even when I'm not eating at anytime during the day

jill
24-07-13, 23:57
Hi Hun :D:hugs:

My daughter had acid reflux for along time, her's would happen at any time.

She still gets this symptom from time to time, like you, not just when she eats.her's is not half as bad as it used to be.

Hope this has been of some help, even if its just knowing your not alone

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

lauraebowes
25-07-13, 03:34
i get acid reflux all the time doc prescribed me omeprazole they are fab

Speranza
25-07-13, 08:06
Yes, that's why I didn't realise what it was for a while. Then I got the lump in the throat, and googled until I found 'Hidden Gerd' which was exactly what the doctor diagnosed.

I too have found Omaprezole are amazingly helpful. I was terrified of taking them. Now I'm on Prozac too! Hey, bring on the drugs! :roflmao:

Barrie
25-07-13, 10:09
Well I am still taking the omeprazole but since Monday it doesn't seem to be working like it did I went to bed and had a very sharp pain in my chest and incredible head pain and it all of a sudden disappeared. And it doesn't always come on after eating,

bernie1977
25-07-13, 10:19
I don't get acid reflux after eating, I only get it on a night in my sleep. I wake every morning with acid in my mouth. I'd speak to the Doctor if I was you, you may need an increase of omeprazole or a change to a different PPI. I was on lansoprazole and that stopped working after a while so I was moved on omeprazole

Barrie
03-08-13, 08:04
First I feel so much better now I went to the hospital and had all tests ECG ,X-ray blood tests and saw 2 cardiologists who talked to me at great length and it's anxiety and panic there is nothing wrong with my heart he said it's absolutely fine and my lungs are like althlrtes lungs apparently they're fine and I've been prescribed anxiety pills and pills to stop my heart racing as and when I need them
Since yesterday I have found it so much easier to cope and ignore the pain cos I know what is is now

jill
03-08-13, 12:05
Hi hun :D

This is great new for you :D:hugs:

You are doing really well hun

I have pm'd you

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

Never live in the past, but always learn form it....

purgatory
03-08-13, 12:24
Yeah I have been a long time sufferer from Acid Reflux/Gerd.

Have been on omeprazole for so many years and I used to suffer really bad and still get a strange thing happen if I miss a meal I get awful chest pains until I have eaten something and then the pains go (Has to be connected).

But relieving stress is one of the best things for the Reflux and also yeah omeprazole is good.