PDA

View Full Version : A few things

ScheifferB
24-07-13, 22:34
Hi guys,

I always find it best to air my thoughts and feelings on these forums when I'm feeling the effects of Anxiety, Depression or Panic Attacks as the responses usually put my mind to rest, so here I am again.

Firstly I'm asking for some advice.

About nearly a month ago now I completely stopped taking my Citalopram (10mg) because I felt like this was my second time on them, and it's time to face the problem and of course I felt better (obviously the tablets were working). As of the last few days I've been having small bouts of anxiety, and panic attacks a long with the occasional intrusive thoughts and of course the common ruminating thoughts i.e. "Is my heart okay? Am I having a stroke? my brain ok?" etc etc. I didn't consult my doctor about coming off them, I just came off them.. has anybody had rushes of anxiety, panic attacks etc when coming off their AD's at first?

Also my health anxiety has gone through the roof, I think I have a brain tumor, or if my mouth is rested looking at the computer, if I think about my mouth I'll feel like it's going to droop to one side and that I'm going to have a stroke.

I just need some reassurance, and for someone to share their experiences with me.

P.s. I've recently been watching Jim Carrey talking about his anxiety and depression problems, and how he took on the problem when coming off meds. He swears a lot by 5HTP is it? the supplement?

Anyway,

thanks.

ScheifferB
25-07-13, 20:11
Anyone? :(

Stormsky
25-07-13, 20:23
Hi
5htp is a vitamin, I took it but didnt do much.
I felt good the first few wks after I stopped my meds, but then I hit rock bottom, back to square one. Anx came back full force .. But I was determined I wasn't going back on them, I worked through my fears , was scary time.. Didnt start to feel better until about 6 months ...been off meds 2 yrs now, feel fine, glad to be free of mind controlling meds!

ScheifferB
26-07-13, 00:37
Hi
5htp is a vitamin, I took it but didnt do much.
I felt good the first few wks after I stopped my meds, but then I hit rock bottom, back to square one. Anx came back full force .. But I was determined I wasn't going back on them, I worked through my fears , was scary time.. Didnt start to feel better until about 6 months ...been off meds 2 yrs now, feel fine, glad to be free of mind controlling meds!

Did you feel anxiety almost every day then? I've gone from feeling it 2 or 3 times a month, now every day!

I'll battle on through!

Easio
26-07-13, 18:36
In order to understand your circumstances, I would suggest for you to read something inspirational like a great book (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80xKMuA3gKo) by Kathleen Taylor on the way our brain function from the neuroscientic aspect, and what difference changes in your diet can cause. Activating different cogwebs in your brain area with a new range of thoughts often helps break old cycles. Consider learning a new skill (http://print24.com/blog/2013/06/40-photo-realistic-photoshop-tutorials/) that will provide valuable assistance to the FB generation, find anything that will have your brain wrapped around something new and exciting. Taking small, yet certain steps will provide you with small rewards that each journey into new knowledge (http://tinybuddha.com/blog/learning-is-a-series-of-steps-7-tips-to-master-a-new-skill/) offers.