PDA

View Full Version : just had a panic attack

Elf20
24-07-13, 23:31
I had a panic attack and i'm still trying to pull myseld together. I feel sleepy, dizzy, depersonalized, confused. I feel like my memories are distant from me. I keep thinking of a story i read, about a guy who lost his memory. Iam afraid this is going to happen to me, and i won't remember where i am or who other people are.:weep:

jill
25-07-13, 00:08
E

Ohhhh hunny :hugs::hugs::hugs: I know how scared you are right now, :hugs:BUT YOU ARE NOT going to loose your memories, PLEASE BELIEVE me when I say, when in panic mode you ARE at your strongest and MORE alert than you have ever been.

I know if feels scary, but NOTHING bad is going to happen to you. PLEASE TRY and distract yourself from how your feeling and try and use the swish method on those scary thoughts, try and push thoughts in of other nice books you have read, ANY nice or reassuring thoughts WILL help this to pass AND IT WILL PASS :hugs:

You are stronger than you think, YOU CAN help this pass, believe this hun and your mind WILL find ways to do it.T

YOU WILL FEEL BETTER SOON :hugs:

LOVE JILL XX

Speranza
25-07-13, 08:24
It will pass. Breathe. It will pass. Breathe. It will pass.

It will pass.

It will pass.

:hugs:

Elf20
25-07-13, 08:35
Thank you so much for replying... :hugs:
Jill, i've replied to the pm as well.

BessieMae*candothis!
25-07-13, 13:51
I just woke to a full blown panic attack, it's 5:44am and I'm so freaked out. I thought tonight I was tired enough to not take any meds to help me sleep. I was wrong. I'm currently upping my Prozac to 40 mg from 20mg. Today is day three (well this am) I'm so defeated feeling I really thought I was ok enough to sleep. I know I am feeding into it but it's hard to stop. (I don't mean to take over this thread) I an so thankful for this website, knowing I'm not alone makes this journey worth fighting (have had panic disorder for nearly 16 years) I feel for you ianassa, we can make it through with the help and support of each other

Speranza
25-07-13, 13:54
You CAN do it. :hugs:

BessieMae*candothis!
25-07-13, 14:01
Had to take an ativan. Feeling a bit better just want my sleep back!!!! It's so frustrating to think you are taking a step in the right direction and end up taking two steps back it feels like.:huh:

kim1977
25-07-13, 14:12
I having a panic attack right now and its lasting a lot longer than normal I am and I am so glad that I found this site to try and take my mind of it but its hard this is my second attack this week dnt knw Why they keep happening .

BessieMae*candothis!
25-07-13, 15:48
They keep happening because your senses are now on high alert and you remember that terrible feeling and it now knows you are terrified of it. Please trust me that you can and will make it through. You have to replace the negative "what if"talk with positive reassurance
I'm scared I'm going to die = panic attacks can't kill you
what if I'm going crazy = you can't go crazy during an attack.
Things like that...just remember that this is only an exaggeration of your fight or flight response and it's best to not try to ignore or run away, just let it take it's course and you'll be amazed how quickly it disappears:hugs:

K-OSS
26-07-13, 00:55
I had a panic attack and i'm still trying to pull myseld together. I feel sleepy, dizzy, depersonalized, confused. I feel like my memories are distant from me. I keep thinking of a story i read, about a guy who lost his memory. Iam afraid this is going to happen to me, and i won't remember where i am or who other people are.:weep:

Don't worry, and try to relax, be around others. Also, are you taking benzodiazepines by any chance? Or any other medication?