PDA

View Full Version : Chest and arm pain...feel like I'm going nuts!

CraftNerd13
25-07-13, 03:28
In the last 2-3 months I've been plauged with chest pain. I've been to the hospital 3 times and I have seen a cardiologist. 2 EKGs and an ultrasound of the heart were done and all turned out just fine. my caridologist also did a bunch of blood tests and said there was nothing abnormal.

There was also a CT of my chest done with contrast to see if i had a pulmonary embolism. Does anyone know if this test would should a heart problem as well?

Anyway trouble is I keep having trouble breathing and pain on the left side. Tonight it is spreading through my left arm and my head feels all spaced out. I'm terrified that they missed something.

Im actually on vacation and I dont want to have to run to the ER again. Ugh.

---------- Post added at 02:28 ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 ----------

I should also mention I am a 26 yr old female of normal weight with no history of heart problems.

Speranza
25-07-13, 08:08
:welcome: I'm sure you are here because you have heard that this is classic anxiety. And it is. I once had all the symptoms of a heart attack, and nada.

If you have had all those tests and if you are very anxious, the chances are extremely high that it is anxiety. Focus on the vacation because you will kick yourself if you 'miss' it - where are you staying? xx

joelhall
25-07-13, 20:24
The CT test would have noticed any major problems, such as endocarditis, but given your normal cardiology tests there would be little hance of that. Heart pain does not generally start in the left side of the chest, as the heart is in the centre, and pain to the arm and neck is radiated from the centre rather than occurring on it's own.

Dazza
27-07-13, 06:31
:welcome: I'm sure you are here because you have heard that this is classic anxiety. And it is. I once had all the symptoms of a heart attack, and nada.
xx

Same, i've also have 'heart attack' symptoms before (heavy squeezing in chest, arm pain, dizziness..) but all turned out to be anxiety causing my stomach to spasm. It's mad what anxiety can do and make us feel physically.

I can highly recommend a book that my therapist gave to me, called ''Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself'' by Dr Joe Dispenza. It explains in a clear way how our thoughts affect our emotions, and how in turn our emotions affect our feelings (physical sensations).