PDA

View Full Version : My cat is scaring me :(

Munchlet
25-07-13, 10:24
Ok this might sound crazy but I don't know whereas to ask this question as my husband and family are probably just going to laugh hysterically at me.

So this is the thing, We've had a cat for just over three years and the other day I was reading an article about pets being able to smell if their owners have cancer.

Then it dawned on me my cat always sniffs my nose/mouth. She has always done it but doesn't do it to my husband and only my son occasionally but me whenever she comes to sit on me, she climbs up my chest sniffs around my mouth and nose puts her wet nose on me then climbs down again and she might do this a couple of times.

Now in my super HA state and because I'm having sinus issues I 'm thinking what if she's smelling cancer on me and it's some kind of sinus cancer or brain tumour?

I know this might sound crazy to some people but I just think why does she do it to me, I've read some cat behaviour things and sniffing owners faces doesn't seem to be that out of the norm with cats it says it's how they greet and they are just smelling what you've eaten and saying hello that kind of thing but it's really worrying me now.

Do you think I need to be concerned about this?

katesa
25-07-13, 10:56
You don't need to be at all concerned about this. My cat only does it to me and I'm not even the one who feeds him the most! I like to imagine he has just identified me as the boss of the pack lol

Munchlet
25-07-13, 11:00
Thank you Katesa that makes me feel better.

I hate HA it just makes me suspect and question absolutely everything!

x

Annie0904
25-07-13, 11:37
My cat is always coming to me and touching his nose on my nose. I think it is his way of giving me a kiss. In fact if I say to him "Give me a kiss" he will do it but he won't do it to anyone else.

KeeKee
25-07-13, 13:16
My cats occasionally do this to me especially if I've just ate. I love it haha, think it's adorable.

Speranza
25-07-13, 13:21
We call it kissing too. Cats do it when they love you. :D

Pipkin
25-07-13, 14:09
Loads of cats do this and there are several theories why. Some people say it's because their mothers regurgitate food to feed their kittens when weaning them off milk. It could be to do with grooming, or just that you wear lipstick or gloss that she likes the smell of. Nothing to be concerned about - take it as a compliment!

Pip

joelhall
25-07-13, 14:26
So this is the thing, We've had a cat for just over three years and the other day I was reading an article about pets being able to smell if their owners have cancer.

Please do not believe most of what you read. Cats sniff people all the time.

Munchlet
25-07-13, 14:42
Thanks for all the replies, calming down about it now, obviously not just my cat then :D

meche
25-07-13, 16:52
Pepper does this alot too. It's like she is giving me a kiss. Absolutely nothing to worry about. Enjoy the moment. xx

Munchlet
25-07-13, 22:00
Thank you Meche, she did it tonight, came up for some attention then climbed up my chest pressed her wet nose on my lips then went off for more strokes, after another few minutes she did it again, she is a really affectionate cat so obviously just likes being close and having lots of attention!