PDA

View Full Version : Can you still get PMS when you're on fluoxetine?

BellaBella88
25-07-13, 11:37
Sorry, another question...

Can you still get PMS when you're on fluoxetine?

I read that 2mg of fluoxetine stops PMS and I'm on 40mg so assumed I wouldn't get it.

However, after two good weeks, I have had a bad week, which ended today (first say of my cycle). It could just be a coincidence.

OncewasSupergirl
25-07-13, 16:41
As far as I'm aware nothing van stop PMS I think prozac is supposed to help with the symptoms though. X

BellaBella88
25-07-13, 18:05
Thank you. I'll see if I get it next month. I can cope with PMS. It's whether the medication isn't strong enough that would bother me. With PMS, you know it won't last and it's not something people would judge you for.

KatieJayne
27-07-13, 20:40
I definitely still get it!!

Tessar
27-07-13, 22:00
Fluoxetine helps me with pmt. it's a life saver as it keeps my anger at bay. Without it, I get stifling anger which can, at it's worst... It really can be overwhelming. It means all my pmt symptoms are lessened. I do still get symptoms but nowhere near as bad.
I started taking it for depression over winter & thats when I discovered it helps with pmt. i used to have a break from it in summer months & thats how i know if I were to come off fluoxetine, then my symptoms would increase again.