PDA

View Full Version : What to do on day off alone

Itsonlyme26
25-07-13, 13:58
What can I do on my day off alone ? I don't have any real friends that doesn't bother me but on my days off it can boring , extremely boring. I've thought of hobbies to have but I couldn't come up with any that would suit me , I'm picky , I like reading but can't concentrate on my days off because I end up doing 10 things at once. I would like to do out doors stuff but I have no idea what to do I like walking and nature but there is nothing nice where I live , it's a total dump. Please help me because all I do is work full time and it's killing me !

gypcyg
25-07-13, 14:07
Where do you live?

Have you tried the Library to see what local groups there are? What are your interests? Why not start a local group yourself?

Itsonlyme26
25-07-13, 14:10
A local group ? I can't even decide what I want to do alone let alone a group lol what is a local group ?

KeeKee
25-07-13, 14:16
Me personally would like nothing more than to have a day to myself to read a book. That's the 1 thing I can concentrate on

nomorepanic
25-07-13, 14:58
Housework, gardening, spring cleaning (in the summer lol), decorating, washing, ironing, de-clutter the house

swimming, running, walking

the list goes on lol

Ally-SA
25-07-13, 15:14
38 days til spring here! :D I'm gonna start spring cleaning! Just started my meds today so I need to keep busy. Had a look in here for suggestions on what to do. lol

Ironing. Ewwww!

gypcyg
25-07-13, 17:41
Local groups such as: Photography, Remote Control Planes, Writing, Theatre, Nature Walks and Local History to name a few.

Rambling is a good way to be with others but still be alone (if that makes sense). Also joining a local interest group means that you have a focus and should mean that the conversation will be directed towards that and not you - apart from your introductions and you should consider that as a goal.

Edie
25-07-13, 22:58
Have a look on the internet for walks in your area. There might be some nice places you don't know about. Maybe look up which butterflies are active this time of year and see which ones you can spot, or even photograph.

And maybe cook yourself something special for dinner. It doesn't have to be complicated, just treat yourself to something you wouldn't have time to cook on a workday.

Just some ideas, I hope you can find something enjoyable.