PDA

View Full Version : Feeling sick to my stomach, nauseas and dizzy?

anxious_thoughts
25-07-13, 15:24
Hello guys,

for once I write a post not related to my brain tumour anxiety, but then I over think it and think maybe it is :(

Last night I was laying in bed on my stomach because it felt really gassy and overall my stomach feels sore, I kept burping and did a number 2 (sorry for detail). An hour or so later, I started feeling nauseas with the same gassy stomach, and even a bit dizzy when I got up to walk around. Just an "out of it feeling" almost like I'm not here. I woke up this morning and I STILL have the same stomach upset, nausea, and dizziness. The dizziness seems to stop when I'm sitting. I'm just really scared, I feel gross :( can gas do something like this to you? or could it be related to having a brain tumour?

joelhall
25-07-13, 17:35
Unlikely, it's probably a bad case of indigestion or a bug. If anything gets worse, then see your doctor.

anxious_thoughts
25-07-13, 17:40
Thanks Joel. I'm just nervous cause during exam week in march I started feeling like this. My dizziness became SO bad, I started getting facial pins and needles too. I'm just so scared that's going to happen again :(

joelhall
25-07-13, 17:42
That again could be a cause, as chronic nervousness affects the gastrointestinal tract.

anxious_thoughts
25-07-13, 18:39
I was fine and then I started getting these symptoms :/ so I'm not sure

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Any one else get symptoms like these?

joelhall
25-07-13, 18:41
Certainly doesn't sound like anything alarming.

anxious_thoughts
25-07-13, 18:47
Certainly doesn't sound like anything alarming.

Really?
Well that makes me feel better. I just can't handle dizziness, even if its just a little

joelhall
25-07-13, 18:55
Alarming illnesses usually have alarming signs and symptoms. General symptoms which are vague in their intensity are nothing to really be worried about, unless they get worse, or become chronic.

anxious_thoughts
25-07-13, 19:17
Thanks Joel, that does make me feel better.
Would it be alarming if the dizziness mostly happens when I walk around?

joelhall
25-07-13, 19:55
Not especially. That's a common symptom of stress, anxiety, catching the sun, slight dehydration, infection, and a host of other things. If you were losing consciousness or vision it would be worrying!

anxious_thoughts
25-07-13, 22:17
You're right. I hope it doesn't get worse like the last time :(

Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

I really feel like it has something to do with my head :( I feel a slight pressure in my forehead and when I look around or walk I get dizzy. This is really scaring me :(

Munchlet
25-07-13, 22:24
Hi Jenn

Do you think it's a bit of vertigo, that can make you feel really sick and off balance.

I go through lots of spells of feeling giddy but then I do have problems with ear infections, I have been to the doctors and they give it a name which is just basically a viral infection, but mine is usually due to trapped fluid in my ear.

If it continues do go to the doctors because when mine was really bad with the nausea and dizziness they gave me some tablets which sorted it out in no time. Can't remember what they were called but they worked a treat.

Also on another note my mum used to get the worst vertigo and she had it for years, she eventually went to the doctors and they said it was just vertigo and caused by stress, she still gets it from time to time, not as bad but she's had it on and off for as long as I can remember, so not usually anything to be worried about unless as Joel says you are losing conciousness or have other worrying symptoms.

take care

anxious_thoughts
25-07-13, 22:40
Hi Jenn

Do you think it's a bit of vertigo, that can make you feel really sick and off balance.

I go through lots of spells of feeling giddy but then I do have problems with ear infections, I have been to the doctors and they give it a name which is just basically a viral infection, but mine is usually due to trapped fluid in my ear.

If it continues do go to the doctors because when mine was really bad with the nausea and dizziness they gave me some tablets which sorted it out in no time. Can't remember what they were called but they worked a treat.

Also on another note my mum used to get the worst vertigo and she had it for years, she eventually went to the doctors and they said it was just vertigo and caused by stress, she still gets it from time to time, not as bad but she's had it on and off for as long as I can remember, so not usually anything to be worried about unless as Joel says you are losing conciousness or have other worrying symptoms.

take care

Hello Munchlet, thanks so much for your advice and telling me about your personal experiences. :)

I really hope an infection or vertigo is all it is because since I have brain tumour anxiety, it leads me to think that's what causing these symptoms.

I'm just so scared because I've felt like this once before and it became worse and lasted a while. When I went to the doctors about this before he told me it was just due to anxiety, after I finished at the doctors the dizziness went down a lot but didn't fully go away for another few days.

I just don't want to experience that all over again, it makes me really scared that since it's something that returns it must be something severe. I never used to get dizzy :( ugh I don't know what to do

My dad has vertigo, but he doesn't get an upset stomach a long with it. So I don't know :weep:

Thank you

Munchlet
26-07-13, 13:29
Hi Jenn

Just because your dad doesn't get an upset stomach with his vertigo doesn't mean you wont. My mum doesn't get the nausea but mine is really bad and I honestly think I am going to be physically sick.

I also used to work with someone who had it so bad she used to vomit with it.

I honestly don't think you need to worry about Brain Tumours. They are one of my many fears but I think if it was anything that serious you would have a lot more symptoms that you couldn't ignore.

I also don't imagine they would come and go they would just get steadily and progressively worse, the fact that it has gone away and returned makes it far more likey to be down to stress and anxiety which can trigger vertigo.

take care xx

anxious_thoughts
26-07-13, 16:38
Hi Jenn

Just because your dad doesn't get an upset stomach with his vertigo doesn't mean you wont. My mum doesn't get the nausea but mine is really bad and I honestly think I am going to be physically sick.

I also used to work with someone who had it so bad she used to vomit with it.

I honestly don't think you need to worry about Brain Tumours. They are one of my many fears but I think if it was anything that serious you would have a lot more symptoms that you couldn't ignore.

I also don't imagine they would come and go they would just get steadily and progressively worse, the fact that it has gone away and returned makes it far more likey to be down to stress and anxiety which can trigger vertigo.

take care xx

Thank you, that made me feel better :)
I still woke up with the same symptoms today, and I'm worried because I have to go out :( I hate having these symptoms and going out in public

It all really worries me. When I look down I start getting pain and pressure in my forehead and top of head :(

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

Anyone else?

Blah I still feel gross. When I move my head to look at something I get pain on the top of my head and forehead. And when I press in that area it hurts :( when I look down I still get dizzy, even sometimes when I look around. :( still have a bit of an upset stomach too