PDA

View Full Version : lymph node

greenlady
25-07-13, 15:32
i have been having anxiety attacks due to a small lymphnode near clavicle..i have had 3 lots of fbc..all clear also esr and crp all clear..had chest x ray last october it was fine..also mammogram a year last june all ok..it is nearly 2 years since i noticed it..i had an ultrasound last week and radiologist said it was too small to put a needle in..i am still worried ..i think i have worried so long i cant let go..my dr only sent me for scan for my benifit as she said with the bloods all being normal i had nothing sinister..please help..as i would be grateful of any feedback...is my dr right about blood tests

thanks
gina

joelhall
25-07-13, 17:36
Yes :) After this amount of time, anything sinister would have become obvious. Blood cancers of course will show up in routine blood tests.

greenlady
25-07-13, 18:31
in have anxiety problems joel and it was lymphoma i was worried about...also i have acid reflux and ibs which causes me a lot of wind in my tummy and makes me bloated..trying to eat small and often..but cant really eat a big meal anyways..so its quite good for my diet...try to take as much exersice as possible and i have lost a stone since my mot in may as i was too too heavy..dr also said if it had been any kind of cancer and had spread to nodes i would be very ill and my nodes would be massive..i think it feeels just over 1 cm..thanks for reply..gina

joelhall
25-07-13, 18:37
Like I said blood cancers will give abnormal blood test results, and after this time anything sinister would definitely show up. If you can lymph nodes about an inch or two across it would be worrying.

greenlady
25-07-13, 18:40
is lymphoma a blood cancer?also i am walking 9 or 10 miles each weekend and about 2 miles each weekday trying to get fit..

joelhall
25-07-13, 18:51
Yes it affects the B and T lymphocytes, two types of leukocyte (white blood cell), which can spread to the lymphatic tissues themselves.