PDA

View Full Version : introduce yourself

benoo5
05-10-03, 01:54
hello everyone,my name is bryan,and ime an ambulance paramedic in london...i dont have a normal ambulance,its a rapid response unit, very similar to a saloon car...anyhow,i found this site by accident...no pun...a friend in america emailed me me about a foster daughter ,who had just been diagnosed with ocd...and hey,found myself here...spent last few days reading posts,and thought wot a great site,love the posts,and the support you give each other....and guys,you have to admit nicola is tasty lol....my area is a/e so i will not be able to help too much...but ime here if you need me......ps, radar...you are sooo wise,keep up your support xxx

Meg
05-10-03, 22:21
Hi benoo5,

Many thanks for your kind words.... I was very touched. It's all self taught and mostly from my own and those referred to me recovery pathways. Hindsight is a wonderful thing..!!

I disagree with you re you not being able to help much !

It is the paramedics and A+E that often see first time panic attacks first- so next time you see a low risk person convinced they're having a heart attack with generalized chest pain , SOB, sweaty etc but their ECG is totally clear and don't respond to GTN then think 'panic attack' for us please and be reassuring and positive. Ask a few questions regarding stress in their lives ...

It's people who don't get diagnosed correctly quickly enough that end up having the worst time learning to heal.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

nomorepanic
06-10-03, 13:14
Hi benoo5 (Bryan)

Welcome to the site :-)

As far as I know you are our first Paramedic so we may be able to call upon your knowledge if that is ok.

Tasty - ahhh thanks - never been called that before. You will have to send us a pic for the site too ;)

Radar (Meg) is a star and like you say she does some excellent posts and takes time to answer most subjects - she already knows how much I appreciate her.

Hope to hear more from you Bryan

Nicola

shorte_stressa
13-06-06, 23:19
HELLO IM HELEN
IM 24 I M A DRUG WORKER (SUBSTANCE MISUSE -STUDENT)
AND HAVE RECENTLY BEGUN TO SUFFER WITH GENERALISED ANXIETY DISORDER
I AM DETERMINED TO COMBAT THAT WHICH I SUFFER WITH AND USE WHAT I KNOW TO ASSIST OTHER PEOPLE WHO SUFFER WITH ANXIETY -ASWELL AS DRUG AND ALCOHOL PROBLEMS !
BUT AT THE MOMENT I NEED YOUR HELP.
IM A FITNESS FANATIC -WHICH I FIND HELPS WITH MY ANXIETY IM GONNA BE WORKING WITH A PERSONAL TRAINER TO DO JUST THAT -SO ILL LET YOU KNOW HOW HOW IT GOES