PDA

View Full Version : Losing It !

hazel
29-06-04, 10:18
Hi all,

Had a bad few days. I have had the feeling that I am on the verge of losing it for ages but it is particulay strong today but I don;t know why.It has got to the point now that I am worried about going to sleep in case I wake up mad and I will never properly know my partner and family anymore. I felt exactly the same when I thought I was going to die of a heartattack but I don't seem able to tell myself this and rationalise it. I just don't feel like myself really and I keep getting urges to laugh etc. Does anyone else know what I mean, it's so hard to describe!?

Hazel

stimpy
29-06-04, 11:57
I can totally understand the "waking up mad" thing.
With me it wasn't manic laughter, it was praying and curling in to a ball shouting and pleading for someone to understand and help me.

It is very difficult to rationalize things when you feel as if your brain has been taken over by a some invisable force.

I found relaxation very helpful, during these stages of madness.
It takes a lot of doing when you are so wound up, but it does help a great deal.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Meg
29-06-04, 17:08
Hi Hazel,

The thinking you're mad thing si really horrible. You know that the process of going mad - psychosis is completely different from anxiety - neurosis.

Its not similar in any way and just as you are fearful of it , its a good way of telling that its not happening at all. The feelings coe when you're feeling very overwhelmed and just cannot explain these feeelings any other way .

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

seh1980
29-06-04, 20:35
Hi Hazel,
I do know ecactly what you mean - it's a horrible feeling, isn't it? I find that the best thing to do is occupy your mind by doing lots of things you enjoy. Sit down at the end of each day and think of all the things you have achieved during the day and how good you feel because of it. It works for me!!
Sarah (seh1980)