PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP - I hit my head

chl_hobbs
25-07-13, 21:50
Last night at around 630pm i was tidying up under the stairs and went to stand up,misjudging where i was and hit the top right back of my head on the wall. It really stung afterwards and i had a bit of a headache. i was immediately reallworried as i onlylast hit myhead a month ago (the front right) and the dr did a ct scan.

i woke up this morning feeling dizzy. i feel lightheaded a lot due to massive anxiety daily. i went to see a gp who briefly looked at my head,in my eyes and said it was anxiety. tonight though i feel sick to my stomach,dizzy and a tender head with sharp pins now and then. i went to an out of hrs dr who again,looked at my head and into my eyes and said its ok....

im reading all sorts of scary things on google about brain injuries and am so frightened. i keep having panic attacks over it.

what should i do? my head feels tender,am dizzy,feel sick and having some sharp pains.

please help

charlotte

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:49 ----------

sorry meant to say dr did emergency ct scan last month,not now

aggiecuttler
25-07-13, 21:55
hi charlotte i always worry about hitting my head, i am sure that its ok if the dr has checked you out thats good i am sure the sickness is from anxiety and worry best wishes blessings

Stormsky
25-07-13, 21:56
Hi..Dr Google is not your friend..
You've been to 2 docs and they've said your ok..
You weren't knocked out either..
I'm always banging my head ...the anxiety from fears and googling will make you dizzy and nauceous. You need to calm down, you'll be fine.

Tessar
25-07-13, 21:59
My feeling is that as you've been checked out and the doctor is satisfied you are ok. be decisive here. draw a line under this now. stop reading scary stuff. google is NOT the place you want to be right now as this is fuelling your anxiety & of course that is then making your symptoms worse.
you did the right thing in getting it checked but now you have had reassurance you really need to give yourself a break from all the stress.
So c'mon..... Stop looking it up and maybe do something relaxing. could you have a nice bath? Or take yourself to bed for an early night (reminding yourself that you have been given the all-clear). Play some of your favourite relaxing music or watch TV show of film. Something, anything that stops you revising the same worries as most likely if you do that, good health will return..:):flowers:

chl_hobbs
25-07-13, 22:28
thankyou. am so dizzy still just lying in bed. scared to go to sleep incase i fall unconcious :( i did just have a bath and when i got out i rubbed my eyes dry...amd when i opened them again all i could see was back floating spots,as if in a web. they wouldnt go. i walked into a darker room amd theu faded away.but as u can imagine this has scared me mote x

---------- Post added at 22:28 ---------- Previous post was at 22:27 ----------

*more

chl_hobbs
26-07-13, 07:57
Its been 36 hrs since i hit my head and im still feeling very sickly. ive woken up and my head hurts,almost a numb like pain (if that makes sense). i feel off colourand my nose is stuffy. im due to goon holiday (yorkshire)this afternoon amd am so scared that something will happen to me. ive seen two gps so far,should i go to a&e this morning? its feelingbsick and the head pressure thats worrying me x

lollypopgirl1981
26-07-13, 08:17
hi..i do feel for you and can see why u r worrying...but the biggest thing to tell yourself honesty is if something was going to happen it would of by now...also to be fair it didnt knock u out when u banged your head...its just bruised and will feel sore for a few days...my nephew had a bad bike crash and he was within 3 hrs a bad state with really bad concusion...throwing up...talking no sense at all...ct scan was fine was just a bad concusion...so after 36 hrs you are fine....the quicker u stop thinking about it now the quicker some of the feeling will go...hope this helps...anixety does play tricks on us doesnt it...take care jo

semper solus
26-07-13, 08:28
Hiya

I have hit my head more times than I can remember and have the scars to show for it :)

I had all the symptoms you have. sounds like a touch of concussion and It will be stingy & tender for a while.

you are still with us 36 hours later that's a good thing isn't it? :D

Try to keep calm. if anybody asks what you want for your birthday or Christmas tell them you want a hard hat!! :)