PDA

View Full Version : im new here...

peach
15-10-06, 03:54
hi,
ive been reading some of the messages on here since i found this place yesterday. it is soooo good to know im not alone with this. i only really suffered with anxiety and panic attacks this year. i got a stomach infection that last 2 months, and 2 months ago, i got inner ear infection that lasted 3 weeks, then a virus that has lasted till last week.... all of this caused me a total state of fear of death, and asking what was wrong with me, i got the nit wake up,feeling sick, heart racing and recently i now have a dry throat constantly, with what feels like a lump at the top of my throat. my doc is not worried at all, and my main problem isnow, i have become a bit house bound because of the dizziness and fear of fainting in public. i was such a social,healthy person before this....oh, i have IBS, had it for years, but only now i feel like ive lost my quality of life...i have to go back to university tommorow, and am so scared, i have to go, taken too much time off and i have exams in 2 weeks.....i used to love going to uni.....i cant believe my life has come to this.....its so awful and scary...
i try to convince myself its in my head, but the symptoms are so real! its hard to believe your mind can do this to your body!
thanx for listening.....i think i needed to vent...lol

mazzatazza
15-10-06, 08:15
hi im mazza i have suffered with panic attacks on and off for 10 years and certainly you are not alone there are thousands of us that suffer from this take care and you can always pm me for a chat take care love mazza xx

mrs m bevis

honeybee3939
15-10-06, 09:04
Hi Peach

A BIG Warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you wil find lots of good advice and make some new friends!

Love

Andrea
xxx

lainey
15-10-06, 09:54
Hi Peach

Welcome to the forum, you'll get loads of help and support here.

Take care

Elaine x

trac67
15-10-06, 13:04
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
15-10-06, 13:10
Hi Peach

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

sarah1984
15-10-06, 13:53
Hi Peach,

Sorry to hear you have been so poorly recently! Wanted to wish you all the best for your return to uni. Do the uni know how ill you have been? Try to have a word with your supervisor, not just about your physical health but also about your anxiety too as unis have plenty of experience in helping students with such problems. Have you thought about contacting the uni counselling service? They can offer an excellent source of support too.

Take Care
Sarah

yorkylover
15-10-06, 17:17
Hi Peach,you will get some great advise here and make loads of friends.You are not alone in how you are feeling.
Take care;)

Ellen XX

Amber
15-10-06, 17:22
Hi Peach,
Welcome to the site! You will get lots of support here! I too have suffered from anxiety/panic for years. Trust me though it does get better and easier!
GOOD LUCK WITH UNI

x x

Amber

tam
15-10-06, 17:25
HI PEACH WELCOME AND YOU WILL GET HELP AND ADVICE HERE ITS HELPED ME SO MUCH.BOB IN TO CHAT ONE NIGHT THERES ALWAYS PEOPLE TO TALK TO IN THERE.I LIVE THERE I THINK THESE DAYS . TAKE CARE :)

chillx
15-10-06, 20:19
Hi

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of support here. I can relate to the dizziness and fear of fainting it is my main symptom. I started back at university 3 weeks ago and although it is hard (I have good days and bad days) I feel it is important to get into a routine and occupy my time. I am sure you will be fine.

chillx

surreylady
15-10-06, 20:38
Hi Peach

Welcome to the forum. I do know how awful you are feeling, you are not alone. There is a lot of support here. Hope you feel better soon

mandy xx

positive attitude brings positive results

peach
16-10-06, 09:15
hi all,
i just wanted to thank you to those who have written all those nice words of encouragment to me. its just so lovely to hear from you all, and know im not alone... well, i made it to uni today and though i felt a little bit anxious and ill, i managed to stay the whole day! my lump in my throat was actually the most annoying thing to me at the moment...
i keep getting scared im going to get sick again....i really hope not...
i have to be able to continue to go to uni full time for the next 2 weeks and complete all my exams for the year...ugh! im still finding it hard to focus on study! i miss my life......of confidence, and carefree positivity..
hugs to all of you nice ppl!

wobily_lin
16-10-06, 11:06
Hi Peach

A big welcome to the site. You'll get some great advice and support here.

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mad_shell66
16-10-06, 13:57
hiya peach,

welcome to the site. you are in this right place for support

shellxx