PDA

View Full Version : Does This Sound Like POTS or not?

lb76696
26-07-13, 09:31
I have been feeling dizzy since yesterday and am now worrying about POTS. I wanted to test how much my Pulse Rate changes from sitting to standing and lying down to standing e.t.c. When I was sitting down at rest my Pulse Rate was 76 and taking it immediately after Istood up it was about 99/100 - the early hundreds anyway. Then lying down it was 77 and standing up slightly slower but immediately after it was 97. Does this sound like POTS to you? PLEASE can domeone test what there's is for me? Even if it's a lower range.

Thank You .
xxx

---------- Post added at 09:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 ----------

Ok, so that was from to shooting up to a standing position immediately. But when I havebdone it more naturally and slowly I got 82 to 94 and 72 to 90.

cattttt
26-07-13, 09:38
Simple answer- no, the change in pulse rate isn't big enough.

lb76696
26-07-13, 10:43
I heard that it only had to increase by 30 to be POTS and 10 was about the normal average. It does vary alot depending if I stand up really quickly or more naturally thougb

[
QUOTE=cattttt;1192172]Simple answer- no, the change in pulse rate isn't big enough.[/QUOTE]

joelhall
26-07-13, 11:46
Your pulse is bound to increase if you stand up, and blood pressure changes too. It's a reaction to the effect of gravity on the blood. The thing is are you suffering with symptoms of POTS, or just a little worried about your pulse changing? How long does your pulse take to slow down again?

lb76696
26-07-13, 12:44
I only started to worry about POTS because yesterday I felt a little dizzy at times. I don't feel dizzy when I've done these tests this morning though. I'm not surde how long it takes to go back to normal rate. I'm scared to.go out drinking tonight though.

Your pulse is bound to increase if you stand up, and blood pressure changes too. It's a reaction to the effect of gravity on the blood. The thing is are you suffering with symptoms of POTS, or just a little worried about your pulse changing? How long does your pulse take to slow down again?

joelhall
26-07-13, 13:25
I wouldn't be worried then. There's no reason you wouldn't be able to drink, just make sure you eat and drink plenty during the day.