PDA

View Full Version : Extremely worried about Stomach cancer (TMI).

kingkong
26-07-13, 12:51
Dear all,

First of all please apologise if you think I am over reacting.
Second of all, please apologise as there might be TMI.

I have been having a lot of bloating and belching for the last few weeks.
Infact I have been having bloating since 2001. It comes and goes, but its getting very frequent now.

I had to go to the A&E 2 weeks back because of the discomfort.

The GP mentioned about Endoscopy to rule out the big "C".
That triggered my panic.The GP put me on a course of Lanzoprazole.
It seemed to work for a week, but now the symptoms have come back.

I have a dull pain in the upper abdomen, and feel like a balloon is stuck there.

I feel hungry etc, eat food regularly. Toilet habits seem OK, even though I use the toilet often. The product itself is more liquidy, and mucousy (sorry about that).

I googled around for the earlier symptoms of stomach cancer, and there it is- all for me to see. Should I push the GP for an early endoscopy, or should I wait to complete the course of Lanzoprazole.

Just too worried..just too worried.

Sorry if I have offended anyone.

Thanks.

backfromthebrink
26-07-13, 13:21
I would have the endoscopy. Especially if your GP is suggesting it. I can't see what you have to lose, and everything to gain - even if just peace of mind.

joelhall
26-07-13, 13:32
Complete the course. You'll have the endoscopy anyway which will rule out various causes. Given the history of this cancer seems unlikely, and the gut is overactive, given your regular hunger and the symptoms.

kingkong
26-07-13, 14:52
Thank you very much for your replies.

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 13:59 ----------

Dear Joell,

You are absolutely right about the overactive gut.
I calculated my bowel transit time to be about 4 hours based on my own "Beet root stain test".

My wife tells me that if it is C, the pain would never go down just with the Lanzoprazole.

However, what confuses me is that most of the articles in the internet mention that stomach cancer goes un-noticed until the late stage. And that is the primary source of my worry.

As an additional information, I had an Ultrasound and CT scan in November 2011 and another ultrasound in November 2012, all came out normal.

Thanks.