PDA

View Full Version : Increased dose

roxy46
26-07-13, 14:18
Hi all. This is my first post on here but I've been mooching around the site for years. I've been on 75mg vanlafaxine more on than off for around ten years after a breakdown at 20 after my son was born. I have long periods when I seem to get a long fine but in January this year I had a bit of a setback after a stressful time, anxiety through the roof. I got through it with medication and cbt and life was back to normal. I went on holiday recently not a relaxing one! left my son home too and it all came back to bite me. The doc thinks I've knocked myself off balance a bit, I don't like flying, stressful holiday and routine change (my big issue). He has upped my venlafaxine to 2 a day to be reviewed in a month. I'm a bit wary as I've always got by before, I also know from experience how hard they are to stop (not keen on having even more). I forgot to ask him when to take them. I currently take one in the morning, so should I take the other at night or also in the morning? Any advice appreciated :)

Tufty
26-07-13, 21:00
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=110037

:welcome: Roxy,

I'm not taking Ven myself but if you click on the above thread and ask your question on there you will get a reply and lots of helpful advice. Lots of lovely, friendly people post on the thread everyday and most are taking Ven. They welcome everyone to the thread, I used to post on there even though I don't take Ven. There are lots of regular posters on there with lots of experience with Ven - have a read, copy what you've written above and they will definitely support you.

Sam

roxy46
26-07-13, 21:13
Thanks Sam. I've done that. Looks like a busy thread so I'm sure they'll be able to help x