PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm Mandy

Mentalmandy
15-10-06, 08:40
I have recently been treated for stress and anxiety, been diagnosed with a stress disorder and have had trouble getting my syptoms across to my doctor. My problems began due to work related stress and basically ten or one and ten of a dozen. I was in a bad relationship, mentally abusive for years and I lost my identity and confidence. Slowly been building it up since christmas.

samjane
15-10-06, 08:52
Hun you have been through the mill but you sound very strong, you have come to the right place for help and advice.

As for the problem at work do what I do treat them with the contempt that the deserve, I went though a similar thing a few month back but sorted it out by giving the person a question a piece of my mind not in an angry way but I confronted them when they were of guard and since then all has been ok.

As for the meds stay on them until you feel strong maybe wait until you see your counsellor and seek advice from them.

Just remember that anxiety and panic are just feeling they can not and will not hurt you in any way, take each day as it comes and just continue the way that you are that strong person.

Love & Light

Sam :D

honeybee3939
15-10-06, 08:52
Hi Mandy !

A BIG warm welcome to you, and lovely to see you here, Sounds like you are doing well at the moment, little steps lead to big ones, Well done for what you have achieved so far.

Love

Andrea
xxx

normalwisdom
15-10-06, 08:55
Hi Mandy

Welcome to the Forum

You seem to be taking the right steps to help yourself well done.

It can be hard but you will get there in the end.

As for the "My name is Earl' Karma I agree LOL They'll get whats coming to them!:D

Steph

lainey
15-10-06, 09:59
Hi mandy

Welcome to the forum, you seem to be doing really well chuck.
You'll get loads of support here from like minded people.

Take care

Elaine x

Mentalmandy
15-10-06, 11:10
Having a funny old day today, very manic, I am strong and weak at same time, I know my rights. The Big boss of my company is the devil in carnet and there is so much wrong. They don't like to mess with me, I am know union activist, now I'm fighting for myself and I know a lot of rights and I will not be messed around. When I get the fight in me, that can make me anxious, get a bit over enthusiastic, so had the adranalin rush this morning. Conifidence is my problem. I read a quote someone had here that I liked you can forget what people have sad or done to hurt you but never forget how it made ya feel. I am learning to forget what people done at work, as it is not there fault that their behaviour made me act as if they were trying to kill me! but it is there fault they acted like idiots and unprofessional. I also got the person and told them in an unconfrontational manner, well in a high state of anixety under the influence of valium! That the only reason I was able to go back and they are all being very nice and I have a new manager who is sound. She understands as she has suffered her self. Gonna spend my sunday chilling with friends and off to the pub (first time in weeks) a fancy a pint but I'm scared it make me ill again. I know the biggy is that you don't drink on anti-depressants but I like going the pub and I like the odd beer, it seems so unfair.

trac67
15-10-06, 13:02
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
15-10-06, 13:13
Hi mandy

Welcome aboard. Seems like you have been through the mill a bit but also are able to recognise what's what and get on top of it again.

Hopefully we can offer some support on here as well.

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

tam
15-10-06, 17:28
HI MANDY WELCOME AND WELL DONE FOR WHAT YOUVE MANAGED SO FAR .YOU WILL GET HELP AND ADVICE HERE.TAKE CARE :)

yorkylover
15-10-06, 17:36
Hi Mandy welcome to the forum,you sound like you are doing really well.You will some good advise here.
Take care;)

Ellen XX

Amber
15-10-06, 18:01
Hiya, welcome to the site! You will get lots of help and guidance here! It has helped me so much! There are so many topics to read and relate to, you will feel better in no time hun! Well done in your progress so far!
x x x :D

Amber

chelsea
16-10-06, 03:13
Hi mandy,

welcome to the forum hope you find it as helpful as i did.

take care babe and there is alot of support and help here for you.#

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

donna

wobily_lin
16-10-06, 11:10
Hi Mandy,

A warm welcome to the site. You'll find great support and advice here. You are doing great. Keep up the good work. Love the name btw. lol.

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mad_shell66
16-10-06, 13:54
hiya mandy

welcome to the forum! nice to see you here. this is a fantastic site and theres no doubts you will make loads of new friends

shellxx

linzween
18-10-06, 02:29
hello, i'm new here too, i hope you find the help that you need and you are so brave to come through all of that, stay strong and good luck, i'm sure you'll get there x

Paddington
18-10-06, 09:50
Hi mandy!Nice to meet you!Youwillbesooomuch better with your new manager,as she understands..thatis what we need here ,understanding!I hope you did go to the pub and had a good time too.Love mary rose.xxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Mentalmandy
18-10-06, 11:39
Thanks for all your kind welcomes and messages of support. I have had a few panicky moments at work. Got some Vit B, Omega 3 Fish oil and Evening primrose to supplement my meds. I am chatting to my manager all the way and she is being real supportive. Taking it day by day at work and am getting on with my NVQ. My team is being supportive, everyone and its real nice. The ones who know and have had panic attacks are far more understanding, the rest are trying. I have acieved a lot since going back, I'm doing fine with my clients, had lots of hugs from the guys as I kind of disappeared 5 weeks ago. All seems positive, keeping positive thoughts.

manmoor
18-10-06, 12:09
Hi Mandy,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Mentalmandy
18-10-06, 16:01
Hey Mandy
Such a fanstastic name huh? !!!!
Just found out the cpn has referred me on to hospital pychology team for assessment so all good for finding out what's wrong with me and getting best treatment we see huh. At moment the meds are keeping things under control and I am challenging my own thoughts.

Mandy

Daisybun
18-10-06, 22:31
Hi Mandy and welcome to NMP. This is a great site, you'll find lots of support and help.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Paddington
19-10-06, 09:36
That's the spirit Mandy.Stay positive and be kind to yourself,A BAD DAY IS JUST THAT..ONE DAY!So glad you are feeling bettter.Love mary rose.xxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

honeybee3939
19-10-06, 09:44
Hi Mandy !

Lovely to hear you have got your refferal and things are moving forward for you! glad the Meds are working too!

Sounds like you are making great progress !!

Let us know how things go

Love

Andrea
xxxx

Mentalmandy
19-10-06, 10:20
Hey there

I'm off to a creative writing class today, its with a support service for people with mental health issues.

Met up with 2 good friends last night, reassurred me I am the same mandy they know and to not think of myself as a diagnosis!

Starting to sleep better without sleeping pills, actually I want to sleep a lot is that common? Its like for 5-6 weeks I have been not able to sleep well and now my body is exhausted. Drinking hot milk and listening to nice music before bed which seems to help me empty me mind of ****. Found U2, Goldfrap and Massive attack helps, especially felt mountain by goldfrap. Anyone else got fav music that helps (I love music and am always open for new stuff to listen to!).

Mandy

manmoor
19-10-06, 10:25
Hey Mandy,

Hope you enjoy your class today. Glad your friends think of you as the same person they've always known I know personally that means a lot to us. Love your name as I'm also mental lol.x

Take Care

Mandyxx