PDA

View Full Version : Please Help... Sweats, cough, body aching, extreme fatigue :-(

Female healthanxiety
26-07-13, 14:52
Please someone tell me I'm not dying.... I've searched my symptoms in the devil search engine named Google and it says heart failure!!!

3 days ago I felt very very dizzy at work. To the point I felt like I was going to faint.

I have contracted (god knows where from) a cough which sounds very wheezy! Also have not been able to go into work for the past 2 days as I have been so tired, I have 12 hours sleep and wake up so exhausted again, I've just had a bath which seemed such hard work: my eyes look so tired too.

I keep having sweats on my forehead and neck which is scaring me; every time I cough I feel like I'm gonna stop breathing and get more Sweaty upon coughing :/(

I have taken the usual lempsip, honey and lemon, soothers......

Please someone help me with any ideas. I feel like if I even go out I won't have the energy....

Love K xxx

roxy90
26-07-13, 15:13
I'd say dont google, but that would make me a hypocrite because I'm an avid googler, which to be fair has ruined my life atm.

It sounds like possibly a bad case of flu or possibly an upper respiratory infection. I've had some killer ones in the past. Go to your Gp and explain everything and I'm sure they'll sort you out.

I wouldn't worry about heart failure at all (but I know you will, because.thats exactly what I'm like!) xx

joelhall
26-07-13, 15:14
Ideas: rest, take paracetomol, drink fluids, try to eat something when you can, wait until it's over. Pretty much all you can do with viral infection, and yes they can feel pretty nasty. Sounds like it might be influenza.

Speranza
26-07-13, 15:15
Hi, this could be all sorts of things, from virus to anxiety. I guess as you are here you do suffer from panic or similar? Dizziness in the heat is not unusual, nobody is sleeping well and we get dehydrated. I would suggest you see your doctor for a check, but meantime try not to fear the worst, it's really unlikely to be anything awful.

Female healthanxiety
26-07-13, 18:33
Thanks for your replies.

I just can't stand this feeling. Whenever I stand it do anything I feel like crappppppp!

Xxx

xvolatileheart
27-07-13, 05:10
Sounds just like me right now, I have the same nasty cough. I'm sure it's just a virus that you've caught, amplified by anxiety. Be easy on yourself. Get some rest, drink plenty of fluids, and don't Google! If it persists for a few more days, it's worth going to your GP for a check up. All the best. :hugs:

Anxious_gal
27-07-13, 05:28
Have you checked your temperture?

Often it's hard to tell the difference between feeling hot and actually having a fever.
I've had the flu lots of times, the worst is feeling tired and weak and for me the tale tell sign is body aching really bad and a mild fever.

Don't worry you're goin to be fine : ) none of your symptoms are cause for Alarm.

You should see your doctor if your cough gets worse.
Codeine if you can take it, is good to stop the coughing but better used at night just to get better sleep as some coughs you need to cough up all the stuff.

Funny before health anxiety I had bronchitis? I was fine, then I got it again and it felt horriable, my chest was tight and the coughing fits scared me.
It's interesting how much worse anxiety can make symptoms feel.

Again it's just a cough/cold/virus thing. It'll pass :) and you will be fine, you just got to put up with the symptoms and try not to worry too much.

Female healthanxiety
27-07-13, 15:10
Hello xvolatileheart and anxious gal,

Today I feel even worse, wont bore u with the details but please feel free to look at the post I have just submitted :-(((((

Xxxx