PDA

View Full Version : neck tightness

limitless
26-07-13, 19:44
Have any of y'all ever felt like your neck was tight or throte was tight. Not like stiffness from sleeping wrong but a lot of pressure in neck.

Torskus
26-07-13, 19:46
Yep, am having it right now. Seems better in a morning, gradually gets worse throughout the day. Really gets on my nerves, I can't convince myself this is anxiety, even though it really could be.

anxious_thoughts
26-07-13, 19:58
Yes, for me it just started happening this week. It's mostly when I sit up straight I feel this tightness in the front of my neck and even across my right collarbone

Torskus
26-07-13, 20:22
I have been to the doctor about it today, he didn't really take it seriously. I get the pain in the colar bone to at times. I have also had some mild chest pain, not sure if it is related or not.

I have yet to find anything that makes it better, maybe lying down does actually. At times it has felt slightly like there is a little butterfly below my adams apple too.

Sorry I don't have any answers, but if I get any I'll be sure to let you know.

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

Also, eating and drinking strangely enough seem to make it slightly better.

limitless
26-07-13, 20:49
Yeah it just feels like pressure is built up. My best guess is muscle tension since I also have shoulder and neck pain. As well as chest. I have an apoitment on Tuesday I'll ask the doctor and let y'all know.

Torskus
26-07-13, 20:53
Good luck, hope it works out for you, Didn't mean to take over your thread. I have read quite a few posts about this kind of thing, think Anxiety is a real possibility even if I wont believe it or my brain wont.

keaw
26-07-13, 21:07
hi there,

I have this too,i have had it all day every day for over 3 months now, and its driving me crazy :( x

kerri
26-07-13, 21:12
I have this too, and also feels like my throat is blocked :unsure:

limitless
26-07-13, 21:28
If we all have it probably anxiety and some allergy or sinus problems.

joelhall
27-07-13, 13:21
Excess muscle tone in the infrahyoids. Happens to me everytime I panic and is an awful feeling.