PDA

View Full Version : alone or together?

candie
15-10-06, 11:53
Hey everybody,
Just curiousity really.When ive read a lot of the posts on the forum most people say when theyre having a bad time of it they have to be with someone or if theyre going anywhere they have to take someone along(e.g their mum or partner etc) or else they cant go.
With me its the total opposite i'd much rather be on my own or go places on my own.I seem more calm that way.Weird or what..?
I'd like to know what you guys think.
KEEP SMILING,Candie xxx:D:D

kate
15-10-06, 11:56
Hmm, most of the time I prefer to panic alone!

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

honeybee3939
15-10-06, 12:18
Hi Candie

Im a bit of both, if i go for a walk i like to go with someone, if i go to the local shop i like to go in on my own(hubby takes me in the car though), i have just started driving again localy and i have been doing that on my own as i feel nervous when someone is sat next to me in the car.
Its all good progress been able to go out on your own or with someone else.

You keep smiling too Candie:D

Love

Andrea
xxxx

bubba
15-10-06, 14:31
Hi

I wish i wanted to be alone it would make my life so much easier.
Do you suffer from panic attacks. If so how do you cope when you are alone

Sue K with 5
15-10-06, 15:40
im with kate on that one i tend to panic alone better but i need to be with someone to go anywhere and even then i cant do that well

It is strange but maybe its a good thing that you can go out alone especially when it comes to spending money lol I used to find when i was able to go out shopping taking my hubby it was more stressful with those looks of dissaproval

sue

scknight

yorkylover
15-10-06, 17:27
Hi Candie,I like to be with someone,hate being alone.But if I have to go up to the counter in a shop I would rather do it alone and thats because I dont want to be made an idiot of or get embarrassed in front of my partner.Stupid or what!!!!!!!;)

Ellen XX

suzy1984
15-10-06, 17:32
Hi Candie,
I totally agree with you, I much prefer to do things by myself, for me personally i think its because i feel like I have to be in control all the time & if i need to panic i can panic in my own time & it wont affect anyone else. It causes me a lot of problems though because I wont go places with other people, even my family and friends. It is interesting to see what other people think.
Love & hugs
Suzy xx:)

tam
15-10-06, 17:38
HI CANDY I LIKE TO GO PLACES WITH SOMEONE RATHER THAN BE ON MY OWN.IT GIVES ME CONFIDENCE THAT I WILL BE OK MORE ESPECIALLY IF HUBBYS THERE MORE THAN ANYBODY ELSE, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.TAKE CARE TRACY:)

emster
15-10-06, 19:20
Hi Candy,
I'm actually a bit of both, i'd rather be with people during my bad times if they are people i know well and trust and who understand that i have anxiety problems, but if i'm arround strangers i'd much rather be alone because id be mortified if i had a panic in front of them :(

surreylady
15-10-06, 20:26
I hate being out alone and having a panic attack in case something happens to me, I would rather have someone to reassure me when I am having them. At the moment I am ok going out alone though :D .

mandy xxx

positive attitude brings positive results

tammye72
16-10-06, 06:05
I like to be with someone when I go out or panic at home, except when I am alone with my children. I hate to panic in front of them and I would rather be alone than have them see me like that, if that makes any sense.

http://www.livedtotell.com

Jenny
16-10-06, 08:58
I am a bit like Andrea. I go shopping on my own walking up into town. I like to take the dog a walk on my own sometimes also. I find that it slows my anxious thoughts down when I go a walk. If I go to a place where I haven't been before or go shopping in a large supermarket my husband goes with me, but now I wander down a different aisle on my own without any problem. I wish I had the courage to go more with other people instead of relying on my husband. Long car journeys are difficult for me. Or going somewhere new. Just off to Yoga class this morning which is definitely helping my anxiety, not just for the Yoga but meeting other people as well which I enjoy.

Jenny xxxxxx

lisa p
16-10-06, 10:16
Hi,

I'm so pleased I have read this, I really thought I was the only person that wanted to be on my own!

I am really struggling at the moment, can just about do the school run with the kids, but cant do anything else, even the thought of getting in the car with hubby and kids get me a state.

My thought is - If I am on my own and get to the shop etc, and feel crap, and cant do it, I can just turn round and come home, where as if others are with me I am letting them down.

Thanks for posting this topic Candie.

Take Care all

Lisax

monty
16-10-06, 15:00
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">

My thought is - If I am on my own and get to the shop etc, and feel crap, and cant do it, I can just turn round and come home, where as if others are with me I am letting them down.

<div align="right">Originally posted by lisa p - 16 October 2006 : 10:16:40</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I couldn't agree more!

Although now that I experience wobbly legs I like someone there to grab hold of if I think I'll collapse. So guess I'm a bit of both really!

Lucy:)