PDA

View Full Version : I have a huge urge to google a symptom right now

Jeninthesky
26-07-13, 20:39
I don't know what to do. I know it will send me into a really anxious state, but I just have to check....

kerri
26-07-13, 21:13
I do this all the time :blush:. I know I shouldnt but I cant help myself, have even got up during night to check and it never reassures me.

mummyanxious
26-07-13, 21:22
Why don't you tell us and we can give you a simple explanation hopefully?

Timo
26-07-13, 21:57
haha, this is what modern day ocd is like. Technology on steroids.

lofwyr
26-07-13, 22:01
Technology has made our HA so much worse. Google searches all carry a death sentence, and lists of worst case scenarios.

I have the urge right now myself, but will not. I know no good can come from it and it will send me over the edge. I don't think I have ever taken solace in what google tells me.

That is what keeps me from doing it anymore. I am about 5 years now without a health related google, and while it drives me nuts knowing I have a symptom (usually anxiety) it will be 1000 times worse if I look it up.

roxy90
26-07-13, 22:21
I do this constantly and its ruined my life. I spent a week in a state of panic convincing myself I had an aortic dissection, which I'd never even heard of until bluddy google.

Since then I've googled every ache and pain and have diagnosed myself with a million and one life threatening illnesses (currently DVT). My.anxiety has.taken over my life thanks to google,.dont do it for your.own sanity! X

missleelee6982
31-07-13, 18:30
Don't google x I have all day over a cold feeling in my head x it will always tell you the worse then you panic more like I have and make it worse x

stevepll
31-07-13, 18:37
been there done that and ashamed to say that i still do now and then.
and then i think if i yahoo it its dif but no still the same.
i made myself go loopy with google it dont help.
but it is a hard habit to break but be strong you are still here alive and well.
good luck all.
my thoughts are with you all.

stevepll
07-08-13, 22:53
also an added note gave into temptation again an googled 2 days ago.
trust me it didn't help me at all.
needs to stop....

Evey1986
07-08-13, 22:55
Dr google...... Easy said but don't do it.