PDA

View Full Version : How bad is it?

anxityman
26-07-13, 23:20
how bad is the pain lvl when you get headaches and stuff from HA? mine is a lvl 8

nomorepanic
26-07-13, 23:59
pain is relative though, what one person can tolerate another can't

Men have a lower pain threshold than women as well

venusbluejeans
27-07-13, 00:25
it also depends what type of pain it is, I am used to getting headaches so my threshold for headache pain is really quite high but if I had cut myself on a broken glass or something like that then may not be able to tolerate it quite as much as it is a pain that I am not used to.

shotokansho
27-07-13, 00:26
I'm a big baby and can't cope with pain of any kind lol

anxityman
27-07-13, 00:29
i understand it's diff per-person but I'm just asking how bad does your pain get
only pain that relates to health anxiety please

nomorepanic
27-07-13, 00:34
But if I said my pain was 1 and venus said hers was 10 how does that help at all?

venusbluejeans
27-07-13, 00:41
Nic could have a headache and say it really hurt and was a lvl 8 but I could have the same pain and say it was only a 2.

because as you say it is different person to person so I am with Nic, not sure that it would help knowing how other people may feel the pain. because everyone is different

anxityman
27-07-13, 01:03
it's like at the hospital they ask pain form 1-10 10 being the worst
i'm only asking in reference so i could know if what other ppls physical pain is like
even if it's diff. I can reference that
even if it's not to same lvl
weather it's more the same or you can tolerate better. it still gives me a reference to base my anxiety pain off of

thanks

nomorepanic
27-07-13, 01:13
but if everyone replied and said level 3 would you think there was something wrong with you?

venusbluejeans
27-07-13, 01:25
Even the same person can answer differently each time, Even someone with HA will feel pain differently each time.

It would be impossible for someone to say "my pain level when I am suffering from HA is a level 8" because pain can be felt so differently even by the same person at different times

that is why they use that scale so they can tell how someone feels at a particular time. pain changes constantly it is never the same.

anxityman
27-07-13, 01:37
[QUOTE=venusbluejeans;1192673]Even the same person can answer differently each time, Even someone with HA will feel pain differently each time.

It would be impossible for someone to say "my pain level when I am suffering from HA is a level 8" because pain can be felt so differently even by the same point at different times

that is why they use that scale so they can tell how someone feels at a particular time. pain changes constantly it is never the same.[/QUOThat what I'm trying to say whats the worst ! you think you feel or felt anxiety pain?

nomorepanic
27-07-13, 01:43
ok mine was an 8 does that help or not?

venusbluejeans
27-07-13, 01:55
what I'm trying to say whats the worst ! you think you feel or felt anxiety pain?

ok well I still don't really see how it will help you but if you feel it will help then I hope someone else answers on here for you and you get the answers you are looking for.

anxityman
27-07-13, 03:15
ok well I still don't really see how it will help you but if you feel it will help then I hope someone else answers on here for you and you get the answers you are looking for.
thank you