PDA

View Full Version : Headache question.

hamesh
26-07-13, 23:20
I haven't really been bothered by my HA for about 7-8 months now, but about 20 minutes ago I had this weird headache.

It starts from the back of my neck and makes it way up, i could even feel the pain in my face too, it went away as quickly as it came but im a bit worried.

The side the pain was on feels congested and my nose is running on that side as well, googled it and am now convinced i just had a cluster headache brought on by maybe a brain tumour.

Or was it neck tension?

I do sit with my head tilted a bit when i'm on the computer, and i have been for a few hours now.

ankietyjoe
26-07-13, 23:40
That all sounds similar to some of the headaches I get sometimes, which are often a result of sitting at an odd angle at the computer.

Cluster headaches are a very common part of migraines, which I've had on and off for years.

Brain tumours are incredibly rare, it's probably worth noting.

It's almost certainly muscle related so it's probably worth checking with your GP that your posture isn't suffering.

hamesh
27-07-13, 00:44
The headache isn't overly painful and my neck does feel a bit tense, but what should i do, go lay down or something?

nomorepanic
27-07-13, 00:46
Get off the computer yes and see how it goes

joelhall
27-07-13, 13:33
Custer headaches are said to be one of the worst headaches there are. It sounds to be honest, like nothing but maybe a viral infection. If anything gets worse, then see your doctor, but nothing sounds particularly alarming.

Jeninthesky
27-07-13, 14:17
It might be tense muscles that are causing pain in the occipital nerve. Do some neck exercises every once in a while to prevent these annoying, sudden pains in the back of your neck and head.