PDA

View Full Version : Stertraline

bubba
15-10-06, 13:26
Has anyone found this tablet helpfull!!!! Have been on it for 5 days bsfore that was Escitalopram for 4 weeks but no help things got worse.
From Bubba

lass
16-10-06, 18:24
I was much much worse on taking sertraline, although to be fair I only stood it for about 3 days and couldn't take it any more. I had every side effect plus it made me feel very down and I couldn't function. My GP thinks I just had a bad reaction to it. I know there are others on here that have found it helped.

mazzatazza
23-10-06, 08:40
hi im on sertraline 100mg they take 2 to 4 weeks to kick in and i feel fine now any side effects you will get in the first week if the side effects are really bad then maybe the medication isnt suitable for you

mrs m bevis

Allie
02-11-06, 19:48
I'm on 50mg sertraline daily and honestly don't have a bad word to say about it! Since beginning this drug, withdrawing from diazepam and beginning CBT my life just keeps getting better.

My psychiatrist told me it would take 4-6 weeks to take effect and any side effects should come on and abate within a fortnight of taking them. I felt verty anxious for a while and didn't want to take them, but I persisted and now I don't feel anything but better

As ever different people react differently to drugs. I couldn't stand fluoextine (gastro probs/weight loss), anafranil (mood swings) or effexor (weird indescribable spaced feelings) but some people are fine on them.

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber

piglits pal
03-11-06, 08:22
I took sertraline a few years back. When I first started the side effects were horrendous but once the drug kicked in it was fantastic. Just stick with it for a bit longer.