PDA

View Full Version : summer cold

sam09
27-07-13, 00:25
Hey guys to start with I thought it was tonsillitis then my sore throat went away now ive got hayfever as well as this sodding cold runny nose and keep bloody sneezing. Anyone else the same? ?

Darbysa
27-07-13, 00:38
Yep! Had sore throat on and off for about 6 weeks. Some days didn't notice it too much then others it was really sore and felt like it was closing up. Then last weekend had really bad headaches and aching neck. Monday started sneezing and turned into a cold. Just about feeling better today. Phew!

Iced_diamond
28-07-13, 17:18
Yes, I also had this some weeks back. I remember reading that hay fever is particularly bad this year-there's a lot of pollen out there which is literally getting up our noses and it has also been known to cause sore throats as well as sneezing and watery eyes. Having said all this, it could also be a summer cold. The cold virus is always around-people are just more susceptible in the winter months, but there's nothing odd about having a summer cold. My sore throat wore off after about 2-3 days. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Speranza
28-07-13, 18:41
A good tip is to put vaseline or Vicks lightly around the inside of the bottom of your nostrils (NOT up your nose). It makes an amazing difference as it traps a lot of the pollen.

sam09
29-07-13, 00:07
Hey guys Thanks its just doing my head in cant sleep right cozi can't breathe. Be glad when it does one. Got enough going on without this adding to my HA.

tn13
29-07-13, 05:06
I have summer cold/asthma symptoms too right now, and of course I'm worried it's something terrible too. Just have to ride it out, and be confident that when your medications or rest or generally keeping well works that it really is just a cold. :)