PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and saying no.

Tinker28
27-07-13, 14:02
Is there anyone else who has a problem with saying no to their work for coming in on a day off. I mean I already worked 56 hours this week, now he might want me in today. I should of said no i am unavailable but I feel quilty for saying no to work. I really really need a day off. Anyone else get this and what should I do. What would you do?

Oracle
27-07-13, 14:41
My partner has an anxiety complex about disappointing people, anyone. they might think ssuddenly he is a horrible person and will never speak to him again. this isn't the case - and it's hard to accept. If he asks you and you say "Sorry but i've worked 56 hours this week and i need a rest." (unless he is a major a-hole), he will just say "okay, see you next time". It's scary but its the best for you and you wont regret it :)

flossie
27-07-13, 15:17
Practise your answer for the next time you are asked, something like, 'I am sorry but I have an appointment I must keep.' or 'I have made arrangements as it is my day off.' Say it out loud until you get used to hearing yourself speak the words.

jill
27-07-13, 20:11
Hi hun :D

I know a few people who don't have anxiety who find it hard to say NO, it causes them lots of stress...

It can be hard learning how to say NO, without the negative emotions that come behind it.

Look at it this way, you are not saying no, your just saying NOT NOW, NOT TODAY.....

We can when acute, have many little things in our lives that need changing FOR THE BETTER and this is one of them for you, learning just one time to say NO and help yourself to understand that you a good person who likes to help, but can't do it ALL THE TIME

ITS OK to say NO

You take care

LOVE JILL XXX

Tinker28
28-07-13, 13:51
Thank you all for your kind words its something I always have beat myself up about and the good news is he didn't end up calling me to come in so it worked out. I just need to stand up and say no every once in a while and not feel guilty about it. :bighug1: