PDA

View Full Version : Who else had a fear of blindness?

JustBenn
28-07-13, 15:30
Hi,

I have had ache on both eyes for a few days, after looking directly at the sun by accident 3 days ago, and when I move my eyes, there is a mild ache, and when I look out the window, my eyes hurt,

I'm scared that I will go blind,
pain killers and sleep did not help!

Can anyone give me advice and reassurance?

joelhall
28-07-13, 15:41
It's likely you may have solar retinopathy which can occur even glancing at the Sun. You need to see a doctor or optician as soon as you can.

JustBenn
28-07-13, 15:54
It's likely you may have solar retinopathy which can occur even glancing at the Sun. You need to see a doctor or optician as soon as you can.

Do you know if there is a cure for this?
How can they help?

My vision is almost perfect, just a few blurry spots that come and go,

joelhall
28-07-13, 15:57
Typically it reverses by itself, even in cases where blindness occurs, so there is no real treatment other than pain relief, etc.

JustBenn
28-07-13, 16:03
Typically it reverses by itself, even in cases where blindness occurs, so there is no real treatment other than pain relief, etc.

Great, felt good to hear this, I'm just sitting in my room with my curtains shut to avoid light, hopefully it gets better!

joelhall
28-07-13, 16:05
It will be, but if you need anything to help with the symptoms and need the extent of the damage assessed, you really should see someone.

JustBenn
28-07-13, 16:07
It will be, but if you need anything to help with the symptoms and need the extent of the damage assessed, you really should see someone.

Is Boots optician ok? as its closer to my house?
and will they be able to undo all the damage done?

joelhall
28-07-13, 16:28
Of course, any optometrist is ok :)

JustBenn
28-07-13, 23:25
Of course, any optometrist is ok :)

Booked for Tuesday!