PDA

View Full Version : Does you anxiety ever make you feel sad and depressed?

anxious_thoughts
28-07-13, 16:33
Hi guys, I woke up today in such a sad mood. All I feel like doing it crying. I just feel so depressed, for no reason too. :(

Does your anxiety do this to you too?

almamatters
28-07-13, 16:41
Definitely makes me feel very low and sad.

anxious_thoughts
28-07-13, 16:56
I hate it. :(
I'm so scared that I'm actually depressed and that it's not anxiety

jayjoe18
28-07-13, 17:13
It definitely does for me. Anxiety is really draining and can make you feel horrible, nothing really to be happy about when you feel this way. I think depression and anxiety can be closely linked so maybe speak with your doctor if it's been happening a lot. If it's just occasionally I wouldn't worry too much, I think it's safe to say we all get sad about our anxiety, perfectly normal I'm afraid. Hope you feel better soon x

Stormsky
28-07-13, 17:39
I had anxiety induced depression.

almamatters
28-07-13, 18:04
I hate it. :(
I'm so scared that I'm actually depressed and that it's not anxiety

I keep thinking the same thing, I am beginning to think I am suffering from depression as well .

Col
28-07-13, 19:41
Yes sometimes & that's the big problem/worry!

Depression is an issue completely on its own and can be horrific, so for us anxiety sufferers being so frustrated and especially when anxiety & panic attacks are so severe, it's an addeded worry - this all leading to depression!

:grouphug:

cmartin1
28-07-13, 20:16
I agree with Col. Yes, and yes depression scares me. I have to stay strong or I won't be able to afford to live, etc. I really want to be successful too. I am afraid of being paralyzed with depression or fear.

Down_Lo
30-07-13, 10:09
I know where you all are coming from I am getting to the point my anxiety is making me sad almost depressed which is making me more worried. The pressure is that my work is the main reason of causing me the anxiety as the place is VERY negative and stressful which is also bringing on a short temper and energy levels are low.

Although as cmartin1 has pointed out i couldnt live without my job and in this climate is very hard to find something else, the company also do not give sick pay therefore I cant afford to even take a few days off to get sorted.

Going to see the doc on friday....couldnt come quick enough as every day is becoming a struggle to make it to and through work. Feeling really low and exhausted today, also feeling buzzy and on edge this morning with my anxiety.

Sparkle1984
30-07-13, 10:12
Yes when I have a severe anxiety episode it does make me depressed. Thankfully I respond well to anti-d's so I can still live a relatively normal life. :)

meche
30-07-13, 10:31
Definitely. I would never have admitted it at the time (because I didn't want to) but I would say I was definitely slightly depressed when my HA was at my worst. I felt sad all the time and had no energy or motivation. I vividly remember sitting in the bath one night and crying my eyes out to the point I couldn't breathe. What was more frustrating is that I didn't really know why. The next day I would be fine and that basically was the pattern of my mood for a few months. xx

Justin1973
30-07-13, 10:34
Oh yeah, I get depression when anxious for long periods of time. When this all first hit me, people were saying to me that I was depressed. I denied and said I don't feel depressed, just anxious all the time. I was kidding myself though. As a let it go on and on I was feeling more and more depressed, seriously depressed.

Now a days when I have anxious episodes like lately I just try talk myself round, reassure myself. Try to brush things off and keep myself busy with the things I enjoy doing. I find it helps to keep my mood up most of the time. There are down periods but, I just learn to accept and go with the flow. That way my thoughts and feeling don't get out of control.

It's very hard to do but well worth trying.

I can suggest everyone do a happiness diary. At the end of each day; examine your day and try to find 5 things (any thing literally) that gave you even a moment of happiness. Anything that made you happy. When you build up a few entries, you can read that back everytime you dread the thought of another day coming :)